Rate This Singer - Female Edition - Day 11 - Ariana Grande

How Would You Rate Ariana Grande's Vocals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Archangel

Banned
Daps
So day 10 of RTS turned out the biggest number of voters so far with many coming to sing the praises of Whitney Houston who rated a 9.88 according to voters.
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/rat...-day-10-whitney-houston.720489/#post-34291365

Here's is the Leaderboard:
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/rate-this-singer-leaderboard-females.720381/#post-34286308

The Process:

1. Vote on the listed singer from 1* - 10* on how good you think the listed singer is.
1* being :camby: (Absolutely Terrible) - 5* being :ehh: (Decent) - and 10* being:ohlawd: (Vocal Mastery)

2. The following things should be taken into account : Vocal quality, Vocal control, Vocal technique, Song Flexibility (ability to do different types of genres i.e pop, rnb, jazz, rap etc.), Live singing vs CD singing. Album/Mixtape quality. Longevity. Musicianship (Can they play instruments) Classic songs/hits. Entire body of work. Do they stand the test of time?
I don't recommend it but if you want to you can take looks, sexuality, into account, go head. If there are any other metrics you choose to use to vote, do you.

3. Votes will be displayed publicly.

4. Voting poll will last for 24 hours and then close.

5. Singers will be chosen randomly. PM me if you have suggestions you'd like to see.

6. Videos will be posted to showcase the singers abilities.

7. Some pictures will be added.

8. Votes will be tallied up and the average of the votes will result in the final score.

9. Drop that dap and 5 star thread rating

We have another sneaky one today. Lets see if the coli bias will cloud judgement on this one.:mjgrin:

Day 11. Ariana Grande

FINAL SCORE 6.20/10

image.webp

fcd421605bd1efd18ad90185bab0958c

American singer, songwriter, and actress. A multi-platinum, Grammy Award-winning recording artist, she is known for her wide vocal range. Grande has received various accolades, including one Grammy Award, one Brit Award, two Billboard Music Awards, and three American Music Awards. She has amassed over 30 billion streams on streaming platforms like YouTube, Spotify, and Apple Music and is the most listened solo female on the latter two. In February 2019, she became the most followed woman on Instagram. Forbes ranked her amongst the highest-paid celebrities in 2019, and Time named Grande as one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2016 and 2019. Billboard recognized her as the "Woman of the Year" in 2018.

Years Active: 2008 - Present

5 Albums:

Your Truly
Singles: Baby I, The Way, Right There
+The Way peaked at #9 on Billboard

Certified Platinum in US

My Everything
Singles: Problem, Break Free, Bang Bang, Love Me Harder, One Last Time
+ Problem peaked at #2 on Billboard
+ Break Free peaked at #4 on Billboard
+ Bang Bang peaked at #3 on Billboard
+ Love Me Harder peaked at #7 on Billboard

Certifications:
Australia Platinum 70,000^
Austria Platinum 15,000*
Brazil Gold 50,000*
Canada 3× Platinum 240,000^
Denmark Gold 10,000^
France Platinum 100,000*
Italy Platinum 50,000*
Japan Platinum 181,000
Mexico 3× Platinum 180,000^
Poland Platinum 20,000*
South Korea 1,541
Sweden Platinum 40,000^
United Kingdom Platinum 327,521
United States 2× Platinum 735,000

Dangerous Woman
Singles: Dangerous Woman, Into You, Side to Side, Everyday
+ Dangerous Woman peaked at #8 on Billboard
+ Side to Side peaked at #4

Certifications:
Austria Platinum 15,000*
Brazil 3× Platinum 120,000*
Canada 2× Platinum 160,000^
Denmark Platinum 20,000^
France Platinum 100,000*
Italy Gold 25,000*
Japan Gold 100,000^
Mexico 3× Platinum 180,000^
Poland Platinum 20,000*
South Korea N/A 1,303
Sweden Gold 20,000^
United Kingdom Platinum 241,909
United States ( Platinum 1,000,000

Sweetner
Singles: No Tears Left, God is a Woman, Breathin
+ No Tears Left to Cry peaked at #3 on Billboard
+ God is a Woman peaked at #8 on Billboard

Certifications:
Australia Platinum 70,000^
Brazil Gold 20,000*
Canada Platinum 80,000^
Denmark Gold 10,000^
France Gold 50,000*
Italy Gold 25,000*
Mexico Gold 30,000^
New Zealand Platinum 15,000^
Poland Gold 10,000*
Sweden Gold 20,000^
United Kingdom Gold 100,000^
United States Platinum 1,000,000

Thank You, Next
Singles: Thank You Next, 7 Rings, Break Up
+ Thank You peaked at #1 on Billboard
+ 7 Rings peaked at #1 on Billboard
+ Break Up peaked at #2 on Billboard

Certification so far
Australia Gold 35,000^
DenmarkGold 10,000^
France Gold 50,000*
New Zealand Platinum 15,000^
United Kingdom Gold 100,000
United States Platinum 1,000,000

Accolades
9djGkjQ.jpg
eGe4TaG.jpg

Studio Vocals:

Live Vocals:

Other:

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
4 not good.
I heard her do an acappella medley on jimmy fallon once with a bunch of other people. And she was going way overboard with the rifts to the point of being unlistenable. She has power and range, but seemingly no control or style to apply them to. Just a constant mess of random ad libs to try and sound impressive.
:scust:

If she just fellback a little and sang normally without trying manufacture a soulful quality that she clearly lacks she would be much better. She trying too hard be like Whitney, when she should really be trying to sound like Celine. it shouldn't take you two minutes to get out three syllables. you forcing it.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
I give her an 8 because she has a great range but she slurs her words alot. She's great value Mariah

Idk breh, this chick can flat out blow and I'll go as far as to say she has a better overall voice than Mariah. Mariah just has the longevity. No current singer other than HER has blown me away like Ariana has. I just don't know what her flaw is. You mention her slurring. I know exactly what you're talking about. I find it enhancing to her voice as opposed to a flaw.

Very weird space for me when judging her but she has everything: Range, melismatic singing, a beautiful tone and elite tier vocal control/technical training. I watch her sing live and I marvel at the precision of her notes and how quickly she moves her jaw when hitting particular drops. Its like Wanye from Boyz II Men and his crazy head jerk movements to hit a note accurately and in time. Brian McKnight does this also. She's an amazing vocalist.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Idk breh, this chick can flat out blow and I'll go as far as to say she has a better overall voice than Mariah. Mariah just has the longevity. No current singer other than HER has blown me away like Ariana has. I just don't know what her flaw is. You mention her slurring. I know exactly what you're talking about. I find it enhancing to her voice as opposed to a flaw.

Very weird space for me when judging her but she has everything: Range, melismatic singing, a beautiful tone and elite tier vocal control/technical training. I watch her sing live and I marvel at the precision of her notes and how quickly she moves her jaw when hitting particular drops. Its like Wanye from Boyz II Men and his crazy head jerk movements to hit a note accurately and in time. Brian McKnight does this also. She's an amazing vocalist.
Mariah in her prime had a better tone and better range imo. She and Whitney have really balanced voices. Their lower registers were just as developed as their upper registers. Arianna has an impressive upper register but her tone can get kinda shrill because she doesn't have that balance. For example I didn't like her rendition of Natural woman at Arethas funeral because of her lower register.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
She's the Goodwill version of Christina Aguilera
Ironically i feel this comparision is spot on. I also critisized Christina for being a lil too wild with it. Like Russel Westbrook both of these singer are very talented and have natural ability but tend to get a little out of control sometimes to the point of sounding awful. Like i legit be like :scust: bytch you seriously are just screaming right now, nothing musical about that note you just hit. I get it, Aretha was able to do that and sound great but she had a level of control that keep it that way.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
I may have exaggerate when I said she and Mariah are bout the same. I was wrong. She is a good mix of Mariah and Christina. Ive only heard 2 songs from her that I actually liked so imo opinion her catalog is weak. But as a pure vocalist she's a strong 8. I could listen to her sing all day.