Rate This Singer - Female Edition - Day 21 - Alicia Keys

How Would You Rate Alicia Keys' Vocals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Day 20 was great with Aretha gaining a 9.78/10 score placing her 2nd overall on the Leaderboard behind Whitney.
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/rate-this-singer-female-edition-day-20-aretha-franklin.723973/

Leaderboard:
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/rate-this-singer-leaderboard-females.720381/

The Process:
1. Vote on the listed singer from 1* - 10* on how good you think the listed singer is.

1* being :camby: (Absolutely Terrible) - 5* being :ehh: (Decent) - and 10* being:ohlawd: (Vocal Mastery)
2. The following things should be taken into account : Vocal quality, Vocal control, Vocal technique, Song Flexibility (ability to do different types of genres i.e pop, rnb, jazz, rap etc.), Live singing vs CD singing. Album/Mixtape quality. Longevity. Musicianship (Can they play instruments) Classic songs/hits. Entire body of work. Do they stand the test of time?

I don't recommend it but if you want to you can take looks, sexuality, into account, go head. If there are any other metrics you choose to use to vote, do you.
3. Votes will be displayed publicly.

4. Voting poll will last for 24 hours and then close.

5. Singers will be chosen randomly. PM me if you have suggestions you'd like to see.

6. Videos will be posted to showcase the singers abilities.

7. Some pictures will be added.

8. Votes will be tallied up and the average of the votes will result in the final score.

9. Drop that dap and 5 star thread rating

Day 21. Alicia Keys

alicia-keys-red-lipstick-social.jpg

37.jpg

Keys has received numerous accolades in her career, including 15 competitive Grammy Awards, 17 NAACP Image Awards, 12 ASCAP Awards, and an award from the Songwriters Hall of Fame and National Music Publishers Association. She has sold over 65 million records worldwide. Considered a musical icon, Keys was named by Billboard the top R&B artist of the 2000s decade and placed number 10 on their list of Top 50 R&B/Hip-Hop Artists of the Past 25 Years. VH1 also included her on their 100 Greatest Artists of All Time and 100 Greatest Women in Music lists, while Time has named her in their 100 list of most influential people in 2005 and 2017. Keys is also acclaimed for her humanitarian work, philanthropy and activism. She co-founded and is the Global Ambassador of the nonprofit HIV/AIDS-fighting organization Keep a Child Alive.

Years Active: 2002-Present

6 Albums:

Songs In A Minor:
0hFoh9x.jpg

+ Fallin peaked at #1 on Billboard
+ A Womans Worth peaked at #7 on Billboard

Certifications:
IO6kAS2.jpg

izhVqT4.jpg

+ You Don't Know My Name peaked at #3
+ If I Ain't Got You peaked at #4
+ Diary peaked at #8
+ Karma peaked at #20

Certifications:
hBOYQT4.jpg

ZmqNbjj.jpg

+ No One peaked at #1
+ Like You'll Never See Me Again peaked at #12

Certifications:
egKzJNn.jpg

Element of Freedom:
KFuFqTC.jpg

+ No Significant Chart Success

Certifications:
Dlequ5d.jpg

faEwoua.jpg

+ Girl on Fire peaked at #11

Certifications:
ORmw8dl.jpg

Other Albums:

Here(2016)
+No Significant Chart Success

Accolades:
d7oHQgu.jpg

Studio Vocals:

Live Vocals:

Other:

Archangel

Banned
Daps
6. she's a better singer than say Ashanti, Mya or Aaliyah but she screams too damn much to be considered a great singer.

Yeah, she's not a great singer at all. She's the epitome of average/decent along with the likes of Mary J. I would even put Aaliyah over her singing wise.
Alicia is super pitchy and can often sing flat through an entire song. Her vocal quality leaves much to be desired. Not a technical singer from any standpoint.

However as an artist, she's a force to be reckoned with. If I Ain't Got You is possibly one of the most beautifully written songs in music history and Diary being up there as well. She has 2 semi classic albums to me. Her 2nd album probably being her best. She got hits on top of hits man. I salute her because like Mary J, she stayed in her lane, never really went the pop route. Stayed with the real music and didn't sell out.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Not great vocally but is the entire package. Probably the GOAT of her generation if not Brandy,and Goapelle whos a bias personal favorite.I hate Swizz Beatz with a passion for what he did to her across the board. Musically and in terms of her image:martin:

Archangel

Banned
Daps
A very good singer when she stays in her small pocket, once she steps outside she sounds horrible. She had a solid run but fell off when her and swizz started making music together.

Diary of Alicia keys is the goat album of the 00’s

Agreed. That album still gets run to this day. It's crazy that If I Aint Got You, Diary and You Don't Know My Name all came from this one cd. Those 3 songs are staples in every black household that appreciates R&B. She kept the genre alive by herself throughout the mid 00's.

Unbreakable, No One, Like You'll Never See Me Again, Unthinkable. She even had a joint with Maxwell in 2013 that was tearing up the urban radio stations.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Not great vocally but is the entire package. Probably the GOAT of her generation if not Brandy,and Goapelle whos a bias personal favorite.I hate Swizz Beatz with a passion for what he did to her across the board. Musically and in terms of her image:martin:

Never heard of Goapelle. And Alicia and Brandy are two different generations. Brandys prime was the 90s with her 1st two albums.

Alicia's generation includes Beyonce, Amerie, maybe Keyshia Cole , etc