How Would You Rate Kelly Price's Vocals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Day 26 definitely proved that for all her good looks and thick appendages, Ashanti does not hold up in the vocal category. She gained a very poor 5.17, placing her in LAST PLACE so far, taking the crown for "worse singer" from Rihanna.
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/rate-this-singer-female-edition-day-26-ashanti.725540/

Leaderboards:
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/rate-this-singer-leaderboard-females.720381/

The Process:
1. Vote on the listed singer from 1* - 10* on how good you think the listed singer is.

1* being :camby: (Absolutely Terrible) - 5* being :ehh: (Decent) - and 10* being:ohlawd: (Vocal Mastery)
2. The following things should be taken into account : Vocal quality, Vocal control, Vocal technique, Song Flexibility (ability to do different types of genres i.e pop, rnb, jazz, rap etc.), Live singing vs CD singing. Album/Mixtape quality. Longevity. Musicianship (Can they play instruments) Classic songs/hits. Entire body of work. Do they stand the test of time?

I don't recommend it but if you want to you can take looks, sexuality, into account, go head. If there are any other metrics you choose to use to vote, do you.
3. Votes will be displayed publicly.

4. Voting poll will last for 24 hours and then close.

5. Singers will be chosen randomly. PM me if you have suggestions you'd like to see.

6. Videos will be posted to showcase the singers abilities.

7. Some pictures will be added.

8. Votes will be tallied up and the average of the votes will result in the final score.

9. Drop that dap and 5 star thread rating

++Another Highly Requested Singer++

Day 27. Kelly Price

MV5BMzAwOTIxZTUtZDhiMy00NjNkLTgwNzktNjc4NzYxNWE2ZDNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTM1NzA4MDE@._V1_UY317_CR7,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

3f1e51b9acdeea49995a7ba074dee6.jpg

Years Active: 1998-Present

7 Albums:

8Ynq0rY.jpg

No Significant Chart Success

Certified Platinum in US

e7aIRPO.jpg

Certified Platinum in US

Gi2SmoG.jpg

Other Albums:

This Is Who I Am(2006)

Kelly(2011)

Sing, Pray, Love, Vol. 1: Sing(2014)

Studio Vocals:

Live Vocals:

Other:

"Beef" with Mariah Carey:

Archangel

Banned
Daps
I'd rate Kelly a 9 as well vocally. The only thing that keeps her from a 10 is the fact she stayed in one lane: R&B/Gospel. Idk if she could be versatile with pop, hip hop and other genre's. But vocally though, I'd put her right up there with Whitney and Aretha. She can out sing anybody on the list. She has it all. Power, range, runs, control, beautiful tone. Can walk in any black church in America and shut it down. That's always a benchmark for black vocalists; can she wow the church...Kelly can.

Artistically though, she's in that era of dominant female vocalist who are largely forgotten with time because they never crossed over like Faith Evans, Tamia, Deborah Cox, Keke Wyatt etc. She doesn't really have certified hits. She never charted on the Billboard top 100. But my mom had her albums and played her a lot. As We Lay, Friend of Mine are her two most well known singles.

Kelly never sold out. She stayed true to what she loved, gospel and R&B. Had she become a full time gospel artist, she would be celebrated with the likes of Yolanda Adams, Cece Winans, Karen Clark, etc. Love her voice to death.

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
I give her an 8. Big, strong voice. It was somewhat wasted on the typical R&B song of the late 90s. Her best stuff was with R. Kelly to me R&B wise. Gospel wise she knocks it out of the park. I heard she's a bit of a diva.

Like others said, chunky Kelly Price >>>