Raven Symoné Doubles Down on The Oprah Winfrey Interview About Being Labeled African American

Daps
What does this prove?

Jamaicans don’t call themselves “African” or "African Jamaicans".

Nobody calls Jamaicans "African Jamaicans"

They are simply "Jamaicans"

The same with the rest of the caribbeans and whatever country they come from.

So why can't Black Americans who have descended from slavery just be called "Black Americans" or "Americans"?

First of all, we are called Black Americans and Americans.

When those Jamaicans move to America and have kids, those children are also Black Americans and Americans. The term African Americans is meant to distinguish us from them. The Internet trying to make up a new term for no reason at all.

KingZaire_

Superstar
Daps
Black Americans are our own people with our own history, genetics and culture why do people try to argue this? Because you don’t take pride in your own ethnic group?

African-American is such a broad term so is Black American to an extent but everybody knows who you’re Really talking about when you say Black.

We need an even better term since so many foreign born people are moving here.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
I wish you well my guy. Debating with the mentally challenge is something I avoid.
Nah this shyt just gets a lot tougher the canned responses are struck down with critical thinking. Take the fact that you have no idea what you're diagnosing me with...

*Information overload* :unsure: Quick! what do we do now @Topps??? 😬 shyt. Just call say "mental illness"
giphy.gif

Thanks for playing :salute:

Topps

Banned
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah this shyt just gets a lot tougher the canned responses are struck down with critical thinking. Take the fact that you have no idea what you're diagnosing me with...

*Information overload* :unsure: Quick! what do we do now @Topps??? 😬 shyt. Just call say "mental illness"
giphy.gif

Thanks for playing :salute:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
First of all, we are called Black Americans and Americans.

When those Jamaicans move to America and have kids, those children are also Black Americans and Americans. The term African Americans is meant to distinguish us from them. The Internet trying to make up a new term for no reason at all.
IMG-0418.jpg

bravo-applause.gif

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Daps
Raven was right. Why do we call ourselves AA? All of the family we known and loved were born here, plus by the Civil War, the avg slave was at least 3 generations removed from Africa.
Same way Chinese & Indians that have been scattered around the globe and can't speak the language or even been back are still Chinese and Indian till this day.:yeshrug:

3:30

Thread Killer
Daps
Reppin
3:30
no he isn't:what:
white supremacists constantly repeat that bs.

no one from the african continent refers to themselves as african american when they come here, they are kenyan-american, nigerian-american, sudanese american, somali-american, libyan american, egyptian-american & etc.

they never even referred to themselves as africans in south africa.

tpYrM6T.png

Yeah the fukk he is :what:

He's an African with American citizenship

Yall be so programmed by white supremacy

You play semantics

Obviously this is to separate him from " so called black" people in America

Stop letting these fools bully you with bullshyt talking points that are used to keep their shytshow going

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I’m an American not an African American is nasty work no matter how she tries to label it.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps

Nope they're STILL called Jamaicans or Nigerians :mjlol:.

Second gen Africans/Caribbeans distinguish themselves by their parents nations and lead as such like "Nigerian American" or "Nigerian"'/"Jamaican" despite being BORN in America.

Emmanuel Acho was born IN DALLAS yet calls himself NIGERIAN and differentiates himself from "Black Americans" (ADOS/FBA).