Reddit poster goes from $50k to $11 million off Gamespot stock( now $48 mil)

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, what about that breh who is the center of this thread?

He was up $50m. What is his current status?
He still has to sell his position to make money. I think he cashed out some 8 figure sum already.

That WSB reddit is desperately begging people to hold. The panic selling is driving the price down. If people who are holding stay solid then they hold the power.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been seeing this on social media all day long, can anyone explain to me succinctly and in easy terms what's been going on? Stock market clearly isn't my thing:patrice:

This explains what happened until yesterday.
After it broke the news a lot of people started jumping on it, driving the price up even further.
Then wallstreet started to fight back trying to drive the price down after markets closed. Reddit users fought back when markets opened today. Then, brokerages stopped trading Gamestop and a couple of other stocks, so the price couldn't be driven up further.

The hedgefunds need to buy back the shares tomorrow, if the price stays high, they will probably go bancrupt.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This whole debacle has me realizing just how powerful people can be united when they have one goal. The internet is such a disruptive force because it has allowed thousands of people to network and acheive a common objective. If we use it right we can really put a dent in wealth inequality.

This is why we need an investment club on the Coli.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
This whole debacle has me realizing just how powerful people can be united when they have one goal. The internet is such a disruptive force because it has allowed thousands of people to network and acheive a common objective. If we use it right we can really put a dent in wealth inequality.

This is why we need an investment club on the Coli.
Just find dudes IRL and start an investment group?

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
Then wallstreet started to fight back trying to drive the price down after markets closed. Reddit users fought back when markets opened today. Then, brokerages stopped trading Gamestop and a couple of other stocks, so the price couldn't be driven up further.

The hedgefunds need to buy back the shares tomorrow, if the price stays high, they will probably go bancrupt.

THIS IS WHAT JUST HAPPENED

FRIDAY WOULD HAVE BEEN GLORIOUS