Reddit poster goes from $50k to $11 million off Gamespot stock( now $48 mil)

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
Charles Schwab is the GOAT. Still buying AMC NOKIA and GME :win::umad:

Shouts out to that automatic brokerage account once you set up a checking account with them.
Had to reopen my account with Schwab last night after watching this fukkery with the markets this week. There always going to be some shenanigans with investments and if you do your due diligence and be patient, you will eat.

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Just because you throw the Hail Mary in your backyard doesn’t mean you’re Tom Brady," said Josh, who also runs a hedge fund. "I don’t like this pump and dump mentality that targets a certain institutional investor class."

Oh, peak entitlement. *chef's kiss*
This dude had the nerve to say " Cant we just take care of each other" watch out for each other....some "Cant we get along BS...." hit them where it hurts, now he wants to take care of each other :dead: he was out here cursing on national tv going crazy

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This woman speaking on yahoo finance is such a Dyme!! Kristin Myers :shaq:

damn nikka! You ain’t never lied
d9194860-52c1-11ea-9cbf-813e3345c3bc

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Charles Schwab is the GOAT. Still buying AMC NOKIA and GME :win::umad:

Shouts out to that automatic brokerage account once you set up a checking account with them.

yup, if ur a BOA customer, get a merrill edge account. I switched to them from ameritrade years ago cuz they were waving my commissions.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
It's market manipulation

The hedgefunds do it, and they so stupid, all they had to do was cover their position and let people make their money and this wouldn't be on the news

but they so hell bent on keeping people broke, they gonna bring down the whole ship, because this wall street bets exposing them for all the manipulation they've been doing because this shyt shouldn't even be possible

Okay I guess I didn't follow. I thought you were arguing WSB buying up the stock was manipulation

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
Politicians on both sides have made Twitter posts about this

I’m sure nothing will come of it tho since most of Congress are deep in the pockets of these hedge funds

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Okay I guess I didn't follow. I thought you were arguing WSB buying up the stock was manipulation

It is, because it's an organized effort designed to boost up the stock

but it wouldn't be possible if the hedgefunds weren't borrowing flooding the market with shares to keep the stock the done
this is the real reason its hard to make money with stocks because these hedgefunds can devalue any stock they want because they can literally borrow shares and flood the market

so wall street bets basically did a spirit bomb getting everybody buy in, and now the banks are coming to hedgefunds telling them to pay out because they owe too much and they can't cover, so they been calling Robinhood and TD to get them to halt the trades so people will have to be forced to sell so they can buy back all those shares when the price drops and cover

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
hmm..

Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media

Let's bring in the CEO of Webull, Anthony Denier. And Anthony, your platform also among those that's restricted trade for the likes of AMC, as well as GameStop. We were talking about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez now jumping in on the debate, saying that she would be for a hearing in this if it's necessary. Why restrict the trade, and what led to that action?

ANTHONY DENIER: Well, it wasn't our choice. "I was very angry when I got a call at 10:58AM ET from clearing firm (Apex Clearing), that they will not be able to support opening positions in GME, AMC, KOSS..." Apex Clearing is used by most app-based brokerages (RH, Tasty, Webull, etc). Our clearing firm gave us a call and said we're going to have to stop allowing new opening positions in the three names, AMC, GME, and KOSS. Highly volatile, and what happens is this is not a political decision. And unfortunately, it got political. I think, you know, I think it was once said that don't let any good crisis go to waste. And that's clearly what's happening here.

And we're seeing politicians jump on the bandwagon so they can get-- so they can start trending on Twitter. But in reality, what's going on is that there is a two-day settlement between if you buy the stock today, those brokerage firms that you bought that stock on have to fund that trade with the clearing central house called DTC for two whole days. And because of the volatility of stocks, DTC has made the cost of the collateral of the two-day holding period extremely expensive.

And we just can't afford-- well, we're not a clearing firm, but our clearing firm simply cannot afford the cost to settle those trades. We cannot use customer funds to front that cost due to regulation. So the brokerages or the clearing firms have to go into their own pockets to do it. And they simply can't afford the cost of that trade clearance. That is the reason why these stocks are coming off. It has nothing to do with the decision or some sort of closed room cigar-- smoke-filled cigar room of Wall Street firms getting together to the dismay of the retail trader. This has to do with settlement mechanics of the market.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a tale of american creed

the greedy hedgefunds started this

wall street bets gave them a dose of their own medicine but got TOO GREEDY

When the price was 120 everybody was suppose to sell and move onto the next stop, and we could've been doing this shyt forever without nobody even knowing

But nope, nikkaz trying to turn into Jeff Bezos off one stock, Gamestop going for 4 dollars to 500 lmao, Gamestop in the S&P 500 with Amazon and Tesla and people think that shyt ain't red flag lmao

ARE YOU fukkING SERIOUS LMAO