Redman: The Greatest Rapper of All-Time - Hip-Hop DX

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps

Newly released video basically breaking down why you can make an argument for Redman as a GOAT contender, basically stating how he ticks all the boxes ranging from commercial to critical acclaim, right down to lyrical prowess and features and productivity.

The only thing he is claimed to be missing is some conscious material and a general expansion in his subject matter.

What y'all think of the video and Redman?

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Been one of my fav/top 5 for over 20 years. First 4-5 albums all heat. New shyt all heat. Regularly kills any guest spot, kills Mef every time. Inspired Em, Source Rookie of the year in like 92. BIG def jacked a bit of Red early on. He's legit. A legend in the hood like Acura!!

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Where does he stand for you personally?

What factors matter to you most when deciding upon a GOAT? Who's yours?
Biggie is the GOAT. He has two perfect albums imo and was the perfect rapper. Flow, content, delivery, lyricism, relatability, believability

Redman is up there. I don't really have a list tho.

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
With krs stanning child molesters moving Redman to #2 all time behind g rap personally

huh? I didn't understand that sentence

Biggie is the GOAT. He has two perfect albums imo and was the perfect rapper. Flow, content, delivery, lyricism, relatability, believability

Redman is up there. I don't really have a list tho.

interesting you say Biggie one of the arguments in the video was that Biggie/Pun lacked the catalogue, though you can't deny in Big's case he was 2/2 and was as well-rounded as anyone

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
huh? I didn't understand that sentence

interesting you say Biggie one of the arguments in the video was that Biggie/Pun lacked the catalogue, though you can't deny in Big's case he was 2/2 and was as well-rounded as anyone
I never understand when people say Biggie didn't have the catalogue. He has well over 100 songs.

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
I never understand when people say Biggie didn't have the catalogue. He has well over 100 songs.

I guess they're talking with regards to official studio albums, so only 2

Biggie's outta my conversation for that very reason...kinda like he entered the NBA for a few years and won 1 MVP in 3 seasons of play and was top 3 player in the other two seasons but then retired to a career ending injury.

Forget the songs/catalogue. He wasn't in the rap game long at all. Surely those with longevity should be rewarded more? Obviously Biggie's case was unfortunate, but
:yeshrug:

Redman is still rapping his ass off and was producing at that elite level from 1992, before a lot of peoples' favourite rappers. Just an argument though.

Daps
Just gonna copy/paste some shyt I wrote on Rap Genius:

Redman is fairly known in hip-hop circles but seems to be underrated. Why shouldn’t be one of the greats? He has one of the biggest natural talents in the game. His pen game is one of the greatest we have ever seen and his wordplay is insane! To me, he is one of the most entertaining rappers to listen to as his rhyme schemes are varied and has many quotable lines. Although his subject matter isn’t too varied he always finds a way to keep it refreshing or interesting. His discography seems to be overlooked as he had one of the best runs in the 90’s; 3 classics and a great album.

Classic Albums: Whut? Thee Album, Dare Iz a Darkside, Muddy Waters
Favorite Album: Dare Iz a Darkside
Favorite Songs: “So Ruff”, “Blow Your Mind”, “Green Island”