Redman: The Greatest Rapper of All-Time - Hip-Hop DX

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Goat?dont be ridiculous:mjlol:

He is top 10 worthy though,i put him in the same class you would put sumbody like a Beanie Sigel,Plies....dope albums,show stealers,but just cant be in the goat discussion for one reason or the other....in Redmans case i would say lack of content,the people decided he wasnt goat calibre in real time based on impact he didnt make while being given the oppurtunities.

wtf comparing those rappers to Redman
:upsetfavre:

also if he's top 10 worthy, how many people contend for GOAT for you personally?

I think Redman wasn't in consideration in 'real time' because he was too underground during his prime, and even then he had some great commercial success

it seems most people here who deny Redman GOAT status do so on account of lack of substance. Nobody is critiquing his lyrical abilities or album quality and rightly so.

Daps
Cant say never bumped his music outside of a few joints. Have I missed sonething ?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
wtf comparing those rappers to Redman
:upsetfavre:

also if he's top 10 worthy, how many people contend for GOAT for you personally?

I think Redman wasn't in consideration in 'real time' because he was too underground during his prime, and even then he had some great commercial success

it seems most people here who deny Redman GOAT status do so on account of lack of substance. Nobody is critiquing his lyrical abilities or album quality and rightly so.

Pac is my goat,and besides Cube nobody really "contends"....but theres probaly about 10 names approximately that if you named them as your goat i wouldnt be offended with all things considered...but Redman aint one of those names for me...top 10 worthy just means i wouldnt be mad if sumbody put him in they personal top 10,but someone trying to put him as THE goat i gotta look at funny:wtb:

Being underground damn near disqualifies you as being the goat alone,based on what the goat should stand for:mjlol:....goat should have some sort of universal appeal my nikka.

Redman at least made noise on the east in his prime,yet his name is rarely pushed as being one of the goats by even east coast media and stans of east coast music:jbhmm:?i will give you him being from jersey plays a part in that....but part of it is just his style breh.

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Pac is my goat,and besides Cube nobody really "contends"....but theres probaly about 10 names approximately that if you named them as your goat i wouldnt be offended with all things considered...but Redman aint one of those names for me...top 10 worthy just means i wouldnt be mad if sumbody put him in they personal top 10,but someone trying to put him as THE goat i gotta look at funny:wtb:

Being underground damn near disqualifies you as being the goat alone,based on what the goat should stand for:mjlol:....goat should have some sort of universal appeal my nikka.

Redman at least made noise on the east in his prime,yet his name is rarely pushed as being one of the goats by even east coast media and stans of east coast music:jbhmm:?i will give you him being from jersey plays a part in that....but part of it is just his style breh.

First you deny Redman and now I discover Cube isn't your GOaT? Talk about disappointment
:francis:

Lol I understand your argument completely. But for me personally I don't care so much about the universal appeal rather than a hip hop circle discussion and Redman has enough notoriety amongst heads and some casuals to be a contender. Plus 2 classics CERTIFIED. Only a handful of rappers can boast that.

Corndog

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Red is top 5 to me. On pure skills alone there are few that can touch him. Let's not even get into the catalog, his initial run is rivaled only by the likes of Ghostface, Outkast, and Scarface.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Red is top 5 to me. On pure skills alone there are few that can touch him. Let's not even get into the catalog, his initial run is rivaled only by the likes of Ghostface, Outkast, and Scarface.
Mobb Deep (excluding Juvenile Hell of course)
EPMD
Eric B & Rakim