Redman: The Greatest Rapper of All-Time - Hip-Hop DX

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
highkey eric sermon is my favorite producer of all time

im glad he doesnt get credit like that cause it keeps all those epmd beats and redman joints to myself
I grew up on all of that so it makes me not feel other shyt as much cause his beats had flavor, they always had perfect basslines
and they just pocket so deep to spit to. Like Cosmic slop ... that shyt is wild, you can go on and on.

Redman has an introspective song over the "Lost Ones" beat too nobody has mentioned that yet

I've been telling people Erick is GOAT status for years.

How many classic beats did EPMD have? Their whole catalogue early on was nothing but iconic beats. Erick's first two solo joints were packed with dope tracks. He says it himself, he's done so much classic stuff that people overlook, but if you've been around, you know what's up with E. Redman said he told Erick he's way too humble, lol.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
I've been telling people Erick is GOAT status for years.

How many classic beats did EPMD have? Their whole catalogue early on was nothing but iconic beats. Erick's first two solo joints were packed with dope tracks. He says it himself, he's done so much classic stuff that people overlook, but if you've been around, you know what's up with E. Redman said he told Erick he's way too humble, lol.
all of them beats too have been flipped by someone else and made into hits too
those beats alone put EPMD in an elite class man props and positive rep

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
all of them beats too have been flipped by someone else and made into hits too
those beats alone put EPMD in an elite class man props and positive rep

When he was on Combat Jack, he said "They steal all the shyt I did years ago." LOL!!

"So Wat Cha Sayin'" dropped in like '89. One of my favorite tracks ever. But E was chopping up Funkadelic way before it became the thing to do. Dude had the best basslines in Hip Hop for years. It's crazy how slept-on he always was.

Man On Fire

All Star
Daps
Reppin
nyc

Newly released video basically breaking down why you can make an argument for Redman as a GOAT contender, basically stating how he ticks all the boxes ranging from commercial to critical acclaim, right down to lyrical prowess and features and productivity.

The only thing he is claimed to be missing is some conscious material and a general expansion in his subject matter.

What y'all think of the video and Redman?

I always knew Em got a lot of his style from Red. Red still dope. :salute:

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
It's refreshing to see a non cac hipster fakkit (Rolling Stone :scust:) discuss Hip Hop on youtube and get all the history and facts right :wow:

Hopefully they continue this series and do every GOAT

Was really impressed by this so thought it was worth posting. They have some good vids and I think dude who did this video suggested that other artist will be covered.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haven't watched the video yet but Red isn't in the GOAT conversation to me, dope rapper though.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's he lacking?

To me substance, but it's not so much what he's lacking it's just I'd have others over him like..

2Pac
Biggie
Rakim
Nas
Jay Z
KRS-One
Kool G Rap
Big Pun
Scarface
Slick Rick

10 there but quite a few more I'd have over Red personally, that I felt ultimately offered more overall.

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
To me substance, but it's not so much what he's lacking it's just I'd have others over him like..

2Pac
Biggie
Rakim
Nas
Jay Z
KRS-One
Kool G Rap
Big Pun
Scarface
Slick Rick

10 there but quite a few more I'd have over Red personally, that I felt ultimately offered more overall.

that's fair enough

My nikka GILL∀.:myman:

:pachaha:

:salute: