Redman: The Greatest Rapper of All-Time - Hip-Hop DX

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Great video. I was expecting him to mention that Red won rapper of the year in the Source for 92. That's the kind o inside information you can only get on the Coli :lolbron:

I'm pretty sure he mentioned that breh

altho it sounded like he said rookie of the year lol

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Just gonna copy/paste some shyt I wrote on Rap Genius:

Redman is fairly known in hip-hop circles but seems to be underrated. Why shouldn’t be one of the greats? He has one of the biggest natural talents in the game. His pen game is one of the greatest we have ever seen and his wordplay is insane! To me, he is one of the most entertaining rappers to listen to as his rhyme schemes are varied and has many quotable lines. Although his subject matter isn’t too varied he always finds a way to keep it refreshing or interesting. His discography seems to be overlooked as he had one of the best runs in the 90’s; 3 classics and a great album.

Classic Albums: Whut? Thee Album, Dare Iz a Darkside, Muddy Waters
Favorite Album: Dare Iz a Darkside
Favorite Songs: “So Ruff”, “Blow Your Mind”, “Green Island”

Rockafella, Rated R, Smash Sumthin, Where Am I, Diggy Doc, Jersey Yo!, Da Goodness How To Roll A Blunt

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It's not a thing that's discussed often... but Red has years of straight bangers and there wasn't a guest appearance he didn't kill... you'd be hard-pressed, especially for his output between '92-'98, to find a time Red didn't absolutely smash.

If this is gonna be a series they do, I'm all for it. As much as I love BIG, Jay, Pac, Nas, Rakim... of allllll the rappers in hip-hop's history, it's good to hear someone else be praised sometimes for their greatness. There's only so many times you can keep seeing the same exact people say the same exact shyt about the same exact MCs.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
didnt watch the video but i have no argument.
Redman is a rhyming mutha fukka.
wat6rr.jpg

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Goat?dont be ridiculous:mjlol:

He is top 10 worthy though,i put him in the same class you would put sumbody like a Beanie Sigel,Plies....dope albums,show stealers,but just cant be in the goat discussion for one reason or the other....in Redmans case i would say lack of content,the people decided he wasnt goat calibre in real time based on impact he didnt make while being given the oppurtunities.