Remedy games developer "PS5 SSD May Not Necessarily Translate into Much Quicker Loading Times"

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
No you moron ....

if next gen games ... based on the article .... will load at the same speeds as today ... what does that mean for Xbox and it’s slower drive ?

so you see what you did with your answer ? You just destroyed your own thread ...

my god these nikkaz are dumb

You dumb fukk this argument is on the basis that Sony will only benefit from development based on the faster SSD. Microsoft didnt market that shyt Sony has with their salesperson tactic.

Microsoft already has a next gen feature with quick resume with 5 games. Nobody wasnt screaming loading and this or that until Sony.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
You dumb fukk this argument is on the basis that Sony will only benefit from development based on the faster SSD. Microsoft didnt market that shyt Sony has with their salesperson tactic.

Microsoft already has a next gen feature with quick resume with 5 games. Nobody wasnt screaming loading and this or that until Sony.

This clown still doesn’t get it.

Have a nice day.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
SSDs are not new.

Why y’all acting like they didn’t exist until Sony put one in a PS5? :mjlol:
Yeah SSD aint new , but i doubt Remedy knew about the IO speed of the PS5,
There aint a SSD currently in the market that is as fast as the one in the PS5, and there wont be for another year.
Yall make it sound like people are going crazy over the fact that the PS5 has a SSD, when that
aint even the case.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah SSD aint new , but i doubt Remedy knew about the IO speed of the PS5,
There aint a SSD currently in the market that is as fast as the one in the PS5, and there wont be for another year.
Yall make it sound like people are going crazy over the fact that the PS5 has a SSD, when that
aint even the case.
That doesn’t matter. The SSDs on the market now are exponentially faster than HHDs. That’s what matters.

PS5 being the fastest doesn’t give it some ability other very fast drives don’t have.

That’s ridiculous, so you saying every single drive in peoples computer right now, even the fastest will become obsolete once the PS5 releases?

Beyond that you are saying a dev who works on this stuff for a living couldn’t even fathom what he could do with a fast SSD from Sony just a couple months ago?

Stop playing buddy:mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Gizmo_Duck could you shed some light on this sir :handshake:

It clearly says it doesn't make any difference in games :umad:

Sony told them boys that games like Returnal and Ratchet could only be done on the PS5 because of the Custom SSD and how it couldn't run on last gen hardware.:wow:

They sold them that lie with Miles too, and then announced a PS4 version:mjlol:

Last edited:

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
you can spend 500 dollars on a external hard drive 3.5 drive that is from western digital - 16 TB
or
you can use the PSN as a cloud storage and just download/shuffle games when you want to play :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
this has already been discussed its not just the SSD that makes it possible its the Kraken (data compression) thats doing a lot of the heavy lifting.

and this isn't the gotcha you think it is cause if this is true and the PS5 truly won't need a faster SSD in the next 7 years (doubtful) it just means there will be even more, cheaper non-proprietary storage solutions, unlike xbox which is basically using the same method of expansion as the PSP Go

if anything this is good news, it means i'll be able to get a 2tb SSD for like $150

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this has already been discussed its not just the SSD that makes it possible its the Kraken (data compression) thats doing a lot of the heavy lifting.

and this isn't the gotcha you think it is cause if this is true and the PS5 truly won't need a faster SSD in the next 7 years (doubtful) it just means there will be even more, cheaper non-proprietary storage solutions, unlike xbox which is basically using the same method of expansion as the PSP Go

ONLY POSSIBLE with the PS5 ssd drive.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

if anything this is good news, it means i'll be able to get a 2tb SSD for like $150

Xbox stans just lie about shyt to make themselves feel better over "12tflops" hype not amounting to anything substantial.

ONLY POSSIBLE with the PS5 ssd drive.
This is desperation :mjlol:

The DF video even pointed that out.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Imagine being such stans that you blatantly turn a blind eyes to Sony's mis direction.

:scust: