Remedy games developer "PS5 SSD May Not Necessarily Translate into Much Quicker Loading Times"

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Never underestimate a desperate man :sas2:
What am I desperate for brehs?

Did Sony not say miles could only be done on the PS5?

Only to turn around and release it on the ps4?

Has the ssd not been championed even harder than "terraflops"?

Remember when the tech demo could only be done on PS5.

But yeah "we" are desperate.

*Loads up gamepass*

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What am I desperate for brehs?

Did Sony not say miles could only be done on the PS5?

Only to turn around and release it on the ps4?

Has the ssd not been championed even harder than "terraflops"?

Remember when the tech demo could only be done on PS5.

But yeah "we" are desperate.

*Loads up gamepass*

The SSD is the buzzword but its the entire architecture of the PS5 along with the SSD that makes it impressive. Watch Mark Cernys “ted talk” or whatever on it, you’ll see its more than just the ssd.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The SSD is the buzzword but its the entire architecture of the PS5 along with the SSD that makes it impressive. Watch Mark Cernys “ted talk” or whatever on it, you’ll see its more than just the ssd.

stop worry about dem goofballs. Always worried about what's going on at the top of things. They wouldn't be all in Playstation threads all the time if they had shyt to play that was worth a damn. :mjlol:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Weird because out of the ps5 games I have there isn’t any loading times really :patrice:
The SSD is definitely faster than previous gen consoles but none of the games are really taking advantage of the ssd in ways Sony said was possible.

They were talking about games using the ssd as ram to load assets instantly but we aren't there yet.

It's the same as Microsoft's dev kits not being finished so the games aren't as optimized as they should be.

Last gen consoles have to die before the new consoles get pushed to the limit.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The SSD is definitely faster than previous gen consoles but none of the games are really taking advantage of the ssd in ways Sony said was possible.

They were talking about games using the ssd as ram to load assets instantly but we aren't there yet.

It's the same as Microsoft's dev kits not being finished so the games aren't as optimized as they should be.

Last gen consoles have to die before the new consoles get pushed to the limit.
Ok I didn’t read what y’all were saying in the thread so I was going off the op title. I feel like we have to wait like you said until devs really start to utilize the power of these consoles. Until then I’m perfectly happy with the cinco