Remember when WrestleMania week was filled with good shows?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wrestlemania going to two days also put a damper on it. When I went to WM 34 in New Orleans in 2018, there were shows at all times from Thursday night to Sunday morning. Now, it looks like the decent shows are on Thursday and Friday, which sucks for the promoters, because I would have to imagine that most people are showing up on Friday. Then you’re competing with NXT on Saturday afternoon. It’ll be hard to put a lot of butts in the seats unless your a big indie company

This is the answer. Before, you just had to navigate around the main show on Sunday, and maybe NXT in Saturday. That usually left promoters with all of Friday night, maybe some Friday afternoon stuff, most of Saturday night/overnight, and then Sunday morning.

But now, there's just not enough time that doesn't have a WWE show running to really warrant the array of shows there were before.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Supercard will deliver. ROH might not get enough viewers on Honor Club, but they put on SHOWS.
Bloodsport looks live with Shayna rolling through
Spring Break worth a skip through - Effy/Mance will be disgusting, Maki will be Maki.
GCW Vs TJPW might be a sleeper womens card

I don't understand how GCW are affiliated to so many shows all the time, are they eating up all the minnows? :wtf:
ROH PPVs in the TK era have all been great

The Japanese companies will all deliver - Stardom, TJPW, and DDT

GCW has a million shows with at least one or two decent looking matches on them all

WrestleCon’s Mark Hitchcock Memorial show always has one of the best cards

REVOLVER x House of Glory has a really nice four-match card (in the spoiler)
  • REVOLVER World Championship/HOG World Championship: Alex Shelley (REVOLVER) vs. Mike Santana (HOG)
  • Philly Street Fight: Steve Maclin vs. Charles Mason
  • Mustafa Ali vs. Amazing Red
  • Grizzled Young Veterans (Zack Gibson & James Drake) vs. The Rascalz (Trey Miguel & Zachary Wentz) vs. RED (Alex Colon & Rickey Shane Page) vs. The Mane Event (Jay Lyon & Midas Black

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I watched Bloodsport last year and wasn’t feeling it. I like to think I’m a reasonably open minded guy so decided to give it a second chance, I know more about what I’m going into it this time. I still don’t get the appeal of catch wrestling

:hubie:

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
@Blessed Koala are you watching DDT? Dan the Dad is about to wrestle something that looks like some sort of Hello Kitty character lol

And it just fell down entering the ring and lost its hat :laff:

YOSHIHIKO/Hirata fitting to explode WM weekend. I'm doing my part on cagematch :wow:

669f9e9981a7cb4bfe804c72fb79dbdc.gif

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Nah but as silly as the Yoshihiko matches are, I like how it shows how much the moves rely on the opponent to pull them off as much or more than it does in the person performing the move. Gives you a different perspective and appreciation for what it takes to execute these moves.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
anyone remember that weekend when Keith Lee and Lio Rush was shutting shyt down? made the WWE look like amateur hour

I'm looking at these non WWE cards and shyt look struggle as fukk

maybe ROH show will be alright, but it's a far cry from the past 2 years :picard:

what yall watching this week? anything to look out for. shyt looks dire :damn:

@Blessed Koala
tenor.gif

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Nah but as silly as the Yoshihiko matches are, I like how it shows how much the moves rely on the opponent to pull them off as much or more than it does in the person performing the move. Gives you a different perspective and appreciation for what it takes to execute these moves.

Yeah that's what I love about DDT. Somehow these dudes can turn a dumb ass blowup doll match into a compelling spectical.

Yoshi/Bailey was low-key a good match given it was just Bailey fukking up his knees lol.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Yeah that's what I love about DDT. Somehow these dudes can turn a dumb ass blowup doll match into a compelling spectical.

Yoshi/Bailey was low-key a good match given it was just Bailey fukking up his knees lol.
I’m going to give the Yoshi match a 10/10 on Cagematch then send a screenshot to Jim Cornette :lolbron: