Rep. John Lewis Is Starting a Fight That He Expects the Black Community to Finish

AV Dicey

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Juan Roberto's bald spot
When Obama was in power conservatives called it a liberal echo chamber, now that Trump is President leftist call it an "alt-right" infested joke.:russ:
#politics
a 'black' forum where John Lewis is reduced to just another political punching bag. What next? the Reverend Dr Martin Luther the King jnr was just some SJW ? Pastor Ralph Abernathy was a fukking Democrat!

Everything is a zero sum game nowadays, fukk a sense of perspective #WATTBA :blessed:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
It completely disregards the exemplary black youth. It also says that blacks in inner cities, which he thinks are all blacks, are poor performers because they lack spirit and not because of the poor social, economic, and educational systems they are a product of.

It's troubling because he is a person through his own dealings that has helped create these slum children.
Remember when Michelle Obama gave the address to the graduating class of Bowie State, an Historically Black University, and said of black youth "Today, instead of walking miles every day to school, they're sitting on couches for hours playing video games, watching TV. Instead of dreaming of being a teacher or a lawyer or a business leader, they're fantasizing about being a baller or a rapper."

Remember when Barack Obama gave the address to the graduating class of Morehouse, an Historically Black College, and said "We know that too many young men in our community continue to make bad choices. Growing up, I made a few myself. And I have to confess, sometimes I wrote off my own failings as just another example of the world trying to keep a black man down. But one of the things you've learned over the last four years is that there's no longer any room for excuses."

You talk about Trump completely disregarding exemplary black youth, so I'm wondering how much outrage you mustered up when the President and his wife chose to bring up the tired (and quite frankly racist) trope of the lazy black and scolding against excuse-making while giving speeches to the most exemplary members of the black community?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

@CharlieManson Look at this shyt going on to take down Trump & black liberals are out here foolishly trying to be in the frontlines against Trump.

nikkas don't get it...

nikkas wanna be on some Superman shyt, like we supposed to be involved in anything regarding racism...

Trump ain't even did shyt yet...and nikkas talking about stopping Trump...

Stop Trump from what?

And why we gonna stand up against Trump when White folks already on it...and can do it better than we can do it...:ehh:

What we gonna do to Trump besides say Trump is bad and try to convince some "good White people" to stop him...:mjlol:

When we gonna learn that we do not have the political power in this country to execute something as powerful as an impeachment without enlisting the help of a White person...

But we supposed to join that shyt...because Trump might do something...and put an even bigger target on our backs...

@CharlieManson Another example:

:ohhh: It's starting to make sense why Trump has hired own personal security force instead of just depending on Secret Service. Dude is looking like a legit target to be assianated. But black liberals are foolishly trying to be in the Frontlines to oppose him. :snoop:

The American

Defending America against cacs
Daps
5798bc3cf7714fa7a012f164a3ba37e2

:gucci:

AV Dicey

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Juan Roberto's bald spot
Remember when Michelle Obama gave the address to the graduating class of Bowie State, an Historically Black University, and said of black youth "Today, instead of walking miles every day to school, they're sitting on couches for hours playing video games, watching TV. Instead of dreaming of being a teacher or a lawyer or a business leader, they're fantasizing about being a baller or a rapper."

Remember when Barack Obama gave the address to the graduating class of Morehouse, an Historically Black College, and said "We know that too many young men in our community continue to make bad choices. Growing up, I made a few myself. And I have to confess, sometimes I wrote off my own failings as just another example of the world trying to keep a black man down. But one of the things you've learned over the last four years is that there's no longer any room for excuses."

You talk about Trump completely disregarding exemplary black youth, so I'm wondering how much outrage you mustered up when the President and his wife chose to bring up the tired (and quite frankly racist) trope of the lazy black and scolding against excuse-making while giving speeches to the most exemplary members of the black community?
Obama has surely disappointed the black community in various ways but this critic is not only petty it denies the Obamas agency because this is simply the same shyt your parents and all other black people you looked up to told you. You gotta work twice as hard as the next man, that's the nature of the game. The Obamas are simply reinforcing that motto by telling us that they've been to the top of the mountain and aint no milk and honey out there, these white folks are relentless.

The irony of course is that this is the Obamas at their blackest. President Obama be like, 'everything will be fine, democracy will prevail, the arc of the moral universe yada yada yada'. Black Obama be like, 'no rest! grind! no short cuts! these white folks will not give you a pass and no one is coming to save your ass'. Tupac be like, 'we still struggling in this white mans world'.

Like Moses, Martin never saw the promised land, and like Joshua, Obama ended up getting into all sorts of battles with different foes. There is no rest for the weary.

A luta continua

King Kreole

Daps
Obama has surely disappointed the black community in various ways but this critic is not only petty it denies the Obamas agency because this is simply the same shyt your parents and all other black people you looked up to told you. You gotta work twice as hard as the next man, that's the nature of the game. The Obamas are simply reinforcing that motto by telling us that they've been to the top of the mountain and aint no milk and honey out there, these white folks are relentless.

The irony of course is that this is the Obamas at their blackest. President Obama be like, 'everything will be fine, democracy will prevail, the arc of the moral universe yada yada yada'. Black Obama be like, 'no rest! grind! no short cuts! these white folks will not give you a pass and no one is coming to save your ass'. Tupac be like, 'we still struggling in this white mans world'.

Like Moses, Martin never saw the promised land, and like Joshua, Obama ended up getting into all sorts of battles with different foes. There is no rest for the weary.

A luta continua
1. I'm just looking for some consistency in critiques. I find it disingenuous to take umbrage with Trump saying African-American youth have no spirit but fawn over the Obamas when they do the same. In fact, the Obamas' statements are more indefensible than Trump's when you consider the context; they were specifically lecturing black people who had already excelled (and if one was so inclined, could say that the Obamas were judging all black people by the worst off), whereas Trump was at least speaking to black people at large. There is also a latent fault being ascribed to black youth in the Obamas' statements (you're making excuses, you're being lazy, you're fantasizing), whereas the blame in Trump's statement is vague and general. Imagine if Trump came out and said that the problem with the black community is that instead of being willing to walk to school, the youth are playing video games, sitting on the couch all day, and dreaming of being a rapper or baller. Do you think the reaction would be "Oh, he's just righteously reinforcing the message our parents and leaders!" or would we hear how this is the most racist proclamation in decades?

2. I'd be willing to cut Obama some slack if this was a one-off, but he has pretty consistently broken out into these "pull up your pants" sermons when speaking to black audiences of all stripes, most egregiously black youth who are already excelling. Never in his wildest dreams would he start lecturing the student body of Cornell or Harvard about laziness being the principal factor in the declining standard of living in white America. He wouldn't dare warn the graduating class of Yale or Princeton about excuse-making.

How the Obama Administration Talks to Black America

Gyasi85

Superstar
Daps
@CharlieManson Another example:

:ohhh: It's starting to make sense why Trump has hired own personal security force instead of just depending on Secret Service. Dude is looking like a legit target to be assianated. But black liberals are foolishly trying to be in the Frontlines to oppose him. :snoop:

It baffles the mind how clueless these lame duck nikkas are...:francis: Look at the man face...and his body language...:francis: and the fact that he willing to pay his own security team top dollar to live in Trump Tower :francis: he know what time it is..:lupe:.The same intelligencia that overthrew Aristade in Haiti and engineered countless regime changes in Africa telling you Russia hijack the election :shaq: Now they gun turn around and put the face of the civil rights movement on the Anti-Trump Brigade cuz they know it dun take much to get our people to march..:smugbiden: and turn what is really The Corporate Shadowy Elite vs Trumpset into YET another foolish black on white quagmire :camby:Malcolm would have called this shyt out from jump start..:usure:.Foxy White Liberals pulling they own version of the "race card" :comeon: cuz the white bytch lost...:camby:

Last edited:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
It baffles the mind how clueless these lame duck nikkas are...:francis: Look at the man face...and his body language...:francis: and the fact that he willing to pay his own security team top dollar to live in Trump Tower :francis: he know what time it is..:lupe:.The same intelligencia that overthrew Aristade in Haiti and engineered countless regime changes in Africa telling you Russia hijack the election :shaq: Now they gun turn around and put the face of the civil rights movement on the Anti-Trump Brigade cuz they know it dun take much or our people to march..:smugbiden: and turn what is really The Corporate Shadowy Elite vs Trumpset into YET another foolish black on white quagmire :camby:Malcolm would have called this shyt out from jump start..:usure:.Foxy White Liberals pulling they own version of the "race card" :comeon: cuz the white bytch lost...:camby:
This would all be amazing if it wasn't fukktard babble that ignores how racist Donald Trump is

These motherfukkers still claiming that the "Corporate Shadowy Elite" is out for Trump despite the fact his whole cabinet consist of corporate shadowy elite :russ:

Is this the NWO from late 90's WCW where there are different factions or some shyt?

Gyasi85

Superstar
Daps
This would all be amazing if it wasn't fukktard babble that ignores how racist Donald Trump is

These motherfukkers still claiming that the "Corporate Shadowy Elite" is out for Trump despite the fact his whole cabinet consist of corporate shadowy elite :russ:

Is this the NWO from late 90's WCW where there are different factions or some shyt?

The fact you asked that question tells me you ain't up to par...:childplease: The West wants a Pipeline in Syria to extend into Europe for gas profits...Assad said fukk off..:hhh: Russia makes a lot of money exporting Gas to Europe...so naturally they down for Assad :birdman: Clinton caught funneling weapons to ISIS rebels in Syria...:ooh: Russia offers to help fight ISIS, US says relax we got it :whoa: Russia says we insist :youngsabo: Trump friends with Putin....that dun sound like Factions to you ? They selling you terrorism and radical islamic phobia when its all Business....:smugdraper: Muthafucas need to tell the truth and stop trying to draw my people into Race fukkery..:scusthov:..Race is not the only issue on the table here....Clearly....this is some gangsta territorial shyt going on behind the scenes....

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The fact you asked that question tells me you ain't up to par...:childplease: The West wants a Pipeline in Syria to extend into Europe for gas profits...Assad said fukk off..:hhh: Russia makes a lot of money exporting Gas to Europe...so naturally they down for Assad :birdman: Clinton caught funneling weapons to ISIS rebels in Syria...:ooh: Russia offers to help fight ISIS, US says relax we got it :whoa: Russia says we insist :youngsabo: Trump friends with Putin....that dun sound like Factions to you ? They selling you terrorism and radical islamic phobia when its all Business....:smugdraper: Muthafucas need to tell the truth and stop trying to draw my people into Race fukkery..:scusthov:..Race is not the only issue on the table here....Clearly....this is some gangsta territorial shyt going on behind the scenes....
Ignored me pointing out that Donald Trump himself is racist AND part of the shadowy elite in lieu of a paragraph full of post it note bingo

Confuse geo-politics with "gangsta territorial shyt" brehs

Complete with a co-sign from King c00n himself, who is still towing the "I'm black" line despite openly supporting an open racist.

Ya'll are'nt even trying anymore

King Kreole

Daps
Complete with a co-sign from King c00n himself, who is still towing the "I'm black" line despite openly supporting an open racist.
:dead:

How are y'all this desperate and the man hasn't even been inaugurated yet? You're blowing your load way too early, pace yourself.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
:dead:

How are y'all this desperate and the man hasn't even been inaugurated yet? You're blowing your load way too early, pace yourself.
You should pace yourself as well by slowly walking into rush hour traffic with your eyes closed

Nice and slow, Sambo....don't hurt yourself before the truck gets a chance to