Report: Jason Kidd on Thin Ice in Milwaukee (Updated)

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
The Milwaukee Bucks could be looking for a new head coach this summer—Jason Kidd has reportedly worn out his welcome in Wisconsin.

Bucks GM John Hammond may also be on his way out.

Kidd is said to be on “shaky ground” with the ownership group.

Per the Racine Journal Times:

Two of the more significant changes could involve Bucks general manager John Hammond and Bucks head coach Jason Kidd. A year ago, there was considerable chatter Hammond would move on, only to see him receive a one-year extension. But several NBA sources contend Hammond will soon be relocating to another zip code — either being fired or leaving on his own volition.

As for Kidd, ever since his arrival in Milwaukee two summers ago, there have been whispers his coaching tenure wouldn’t be long and that it would only be a matter of time before he moved into the front office. […] But I’m told Kidd, who was brought to Milwaukee by one of the team’s tri-majority owners and close friend, Marc Lasry, hasn’t endeared himself to the rest of the Bucks’ ownership group. Some think Kidd’s arrogant, some think his heart isn’t into coaching and are miffed he took off a portion of the season for hip surgery when he could have done it in the offseason. Some, most importantly, question his coaching acumen and his player personal decision-making.

I’ve also been told by people close to the Bucks’ situation that Kidd, once the golden boy of the organization, is now on shaky ground. His future with the franchise is clearly cloudy, especially from a coaching standpoint when some highly-regarded and vastly more experienced coaches than Kidd are available. Can you say Tom Thibodeau?

Read more at Report: Jason Kidd on Thin Ice in Milwaukee
Click to expand...​
:mjcry:

Update

"At the end of the day, Jason is our coach," Lasry told reporters, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "I know there's been a bunch of articles. We think he's done a great job. He's our guy.

"Everybody who keeps talking about it, it's a non-issue. I never understand why in this league you have these issues."

"We've said before, we don't do contract talks during the season," Edens said. "And we've still got three hours to go (before the season ends)."

"Jason had real consideration and rightfully so to be coach of the year last year," Edens added. "We outperformed (expectations)... Jason is a young coach. We all have a lot of room to grow. We're happy with all the progress that has been made in many areas. We're not happy about 33 wins."

"We're not that far off," Kidd said. "Being one of the youngest teams, I think we can take another big step next year.

"For me, I'm going to be here as long as my ownership wants me here. I still have a year on my deal... Last year we had older players that helped the younger players win. This year we went in a different direction, and we all have to be accountable for that. We went young, and the young players got better."

Ownership did express disappointment with the Bucks finishing 33-49 after making the playoffs last season with a 41-41 record.

"There's no question, from our standpoint the team underperformed this year," Edens said. "But in terms of the development of the team, you couldn't be more optimistic about it."

"We want to win next year; we're going to want to win the year after," Edens added. "This is a five-year plan. When you look at the players we have, look at the development of Giannis in the last three years. Look at the development of Jabari... We've got future All-Stars or future MVPs on this team. The potential for this team is phenomenal. The question is do we reach that potential? And that's where we are."

:whew:

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn what will Kidd do now...What the hell did the Bucks expect with that roster? And do they really think Prunty is the one to make them a winner?

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
What a shock, Kidd wore out his welcome in another job :heh:

He thinks he's the greatest Coach/GM of all time, and he's out here 0/2 on jobs :heh:

We may suck, but I'm actually glad Kidd forced his way out. He's a disaster waiting to happen.

2/2

Kidd took washed up Nets to second round

Kidd took the Bucks to the first round

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
Kidd was the one that forced that MCW trade and it turned out awful. They could have gotten that Lakers pick themselves and made a powerhouse for years to come, but instead they'll end up with nothing.

I won't pin Monroe on anyone as I think the ownership probably wanted some big signing and they just settled.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What a shock, Kidd wore out his welcome in another job :heh:

He thinks he's the greatest Coach/GM of all time, and he's out here 0/2 on jobs :heh:

We may suck, but I'm actually glad Kidd forced his way out. He's a disaster waiting to happen.

I don't think he's 0/2 though....If he's been coaching for 3 seasons and went to the offs for 2 of them can I say he's 2/3 even though I really think he overachieved one of them.

I do think that he should either be a coach or a GM not both however.

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Is Kidd a rough and tumble coach like Byron Scott? I don't get to see Milwaukee games in Hawaii. I've been keen on studying how the young generation of players respond or don't respond to this new generation of NBA coaches.

insomniac

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Columbus
:francis:
k2-_927d1038-75d2-4ad0-9a5f-1827e87d2ba7.v4.jpg

:wow: