REPORT: Wall Street pulling back from DEI initiatives after white supremacist Elon Musk's Twitter Rants

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
You got black celebrities buying and promoting teslas and not saying a peep against his open racism :pacspit:
Because they don't care. When Pharrell coined the term "new black", it fully contextualized for me that most/a lot of black people that have been under the decadent spotlight for an extended period of time, generally don't care about the plight of everyone else. And the few that do, don't have a base of support that they can rely on if they actually decided to take a stand.

It's not a new phenomenon either. They called it house nikka in slavery. OJ thought he wasn't black. For what it's worth, it's not limited to black people, but it's most visible to us because most/a lot of us on here are black.

I hate to sound like a cynic, but I'm most concerned with helping my circle now. Even if I was in a position of power, there's only a handful of folks I could rely on.

So fukk Elon, and fukk Tesla, but we couldn't even keep our foot on Gucci's neck. fukk we gonna do with the "richest" man in the world.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
like a true hoe.. you in here putting shyt on my name instead of giving an opinion.

What’s your DEIA council like?
You're not worth it. Because you do this on any topic, not just this one, where folks express concerns about antiblack sentiments and actions. It's your whole persona. It's almost like a biological impulse.

I'll just say this. This anti-DEI isn't about being anti-gay or anti woman. It's part of an overall antiblack sentiment. You can tell based on people who are supportive of this speaks about it because they always tie it back to black people.

The "DEI" stuff at my job includes on boarding training to not judge anyone based on color, religion, and sexuality and occasional emails and voluntary meetings during certain times of the year like celebrating black history month. Really that is it. I havent been pressured by anyone to include pronouns in anything for example. Sucks for you if that is your experience. But I'm not giving any support to wins for antiblack crusaders.

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
You're not worth it. Because you do this on any topic, not just this one, where folks express concerns about antiblack sentiments and actions. It's your whole persona. It's almost like a biological impulse.

I'll just say this. This anti-DEI isn't about being anti-gay or anti woman. It's part of an overall antiblack sentiment. You can tell based on people who are supportive of this speaks about it because they always tie it back to black people.

The "DEI" stuff at my job includes on boarding training to not judge anyone based on color, religion, and sexuality and occasional emails and voluntary meetings during certain times of the year like celebrating black history month. Really that is it. I havent been pressured by anyone to include pronouns in anything for example. Sucks for you if that is your experience. But I'm not giving any support to wins for antiblack crusaders.

I’m not worth it but then you type all that? :skip:

I’m not here to say Musk isn’t anti black. I’m here to say DEIA isn’t focused on the promotion and uprising of black men and women.

DEIA was pushed as a way to help black men and women, but I’ve never been ANYWHERE or met ANYONE who hasn’t thought DEIA was a way to advance gays, women, Hispanics.

Like most things in America it’s marketed as a way to help us, but then it’s taken by gays, women, Hispanics.

UpNext

All Star
Daps
I mean does anyone have any of studies on how much the DEI initiatives have actually moved these companies? At my trillion dollar tech firm the percentages for black folks are the same as it was in 2014....

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
This the fall out from the anti-affirmative ruling last year, this whole anti-ESG movement, the Fearless Fund venture capital lawsuit and the Claudine Gay Israel/Palestine handling of protest. These are the battles we should be fighting as someone has already highlighted they are trying to make Black people a perpetual underclass.

This below is an article about the funding that Black founders/entrepreneurs received in 2023 from venture capital firms (0.48%) yet we have white and other non Black people who still attack us and mounting legal challenges like Edward Blum:

RickyDiBiase

The Health Inspector
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Dude is one of the folks constantly running interference or minimizing anti-black moves and sentiments.

This nikka will be like "there was no point in voting for black folks anyway" if they ever straight up took away black peoples right to vote. It's predictable.

Is we sick massa ass nikka

Motherfukker drop the draws the minute he sees a cac

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
I mean does anyone have any of studies on how much the DEI initiatives have actually moved these companies? At my trillion dollar tech firm the percentages for black folks are the same as it was in 2014....
I don't know any. I have seen DEI programs lump blacks into certain parts of organizations and most advanced within but not outside those parts.

UpNext

All Star
Daps
I don't know any. I have seen DEI programs lump blacks into certain parts of organizations and most advanced within but not outside those parts.
Here's one:

Between 2014 to 2022

Biggest jump was Asians from 15% of the workforce to 29.8%

Women went from 30 to 35.3%

Hispanics went from 11% to 14.9%

Black folks went from 7% to 9.2%

And this is largely boosted by non tech roles.

Looking at Apple at least this: "I have seen DEI programs lump blacks into certain parts of organizations and most advanced within but not outside those parts." Observation is 100% spot on.

If you filter that chart for tech where the actual money is, our numbers went down in the DEI era.

From 6% in 2014 to 5.4% 2022

The least progress but somehow the loudest voices and the faces of these initiatives.

:francis:

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
This the fall out from the anti-affirmative ruling last year, this whole anti-ESG movement, the Fearless Fund venture capital lawsuit and the Claudine Gay Israel/Palestine handling of protest.
All of people spearheading those actions were American jews, and colleagues working together.

People having different opinions about the conflict in the Middle East and publicly voicing them just caused some of them to step out of the shadows.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Do yall think segregation will come at you all at once or subtly like a glove being put on gently?

At the pace that they are getting rid of voting rights, abortion rights, and civil rights...

I'll give it till 2028 and most Black folks will be looking at becoming expats.

Then they'll pass a law restricting dual citizenship or some shyt.

After this election...this country is going to go bat shyt crazy.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
These are white owned corporations are they gonna be punished for this?!?! No... then...:snooze: