REUTERS: Anti-Black racism is rising in EU countries, led by Germany

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
History: Germany had to be fined by the EU to enact Equal Opportunities legislation.

History: Children of foreigners in Germany had no right to citizenship until around 20 years ago. Even now it is not automatic and guaranteed.

Anti-Black racism is rising in EU countries, led by Germany, study finds

By Francois Murphy
October 25, 202311:20 AM GMT+2

VIENNA, Oct 25 (Reuters) - Racism towards Black people is growing in Europe, with Germany, Austria and Finland showing the highest rates of discrimination and harassment, a survey of first- and second-generation Black immigrants in 13 EU countries published on Wednesday found.

The European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA), which commissioned the survey and analyzed its findings in a report, said that in the space of six years since the previous study the proportion of respondents who had felt racially discriminated against in the past 12 months had risen by 10 percentage points to 34%.

In Austria and Germany the proportion was 64% - almost twice the previous level of 33% in Germany
and a significant increase from the 42% recorded in Austria six years earlier. The next worst was Finland with 54%.

"It is shocking to see no improvement since our last survey," FRA Director Michael O'Flaherty said. "Instead, people of African descent face ever more discrimination just because of the colour of their skin."

The proportion of respondents who reported feeling racially discriminated against over the past five years rather than 12 months rose to 45% across the 13 countries surveyed, an increase of six points from the previous study. The top three were the same, with Germany's rate the highest at 76%.

AFD

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
England and Germany follow much of our discourse when it comes to politics. However, Germany took in more refugees from the Middle East over the last 20 years than anyone. There's HELLA racial tension out there especially in the East from what I hear from my homies.

France is about the only place in Europe I'd consider kicking it in for extended periods of time.

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
England and Germany follow much of our discourse when it comes to politics. However, Germany took in more refugees from the Middle East over the last 20 years than anyone. There's HELLA racial tension out there especially in the East from what I hear from my homies.

France is about the only place in Europe I'd consider kicking it in for extended periods of time.

I'd say that most of Europe. Sweden been on the same way for more than a decade. Right-wing groups are growing everywhere in Europe, which
includes alot of racist groups.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya

I’m picking the UK over any other European country as a Black person. Comfortably too.

We have our issues but the rest of Europe is spooky :wow:

Anyways, Europe has been trending in this direction for a while, these are countries that are more homogenous and Europe is crumbling, you know what happens when things start looking bleak.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
As usual black people get most of the anger despite being a fraction of the population.

Everyone uses us as a scapegoat to distract from their failures. It's a tale as old as time.😴

Only people who are surprised by anti black racism are either not black or have convinced themselves the discrimination they experienced wasn't racially motivated.

RickyDiBiase

The Health Inspector
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I'd say that most of Europe. Sweden been on the same way for more than a decade. Right-wing groups are growing everywhere in Europe, which
includes alot of racist groups.

Shiiiit since the wall came down. Especially in Germany.

Eastern Germany is essentially the south of the whole country. When the wall came down they tossed communism and was fully embracing Nazism

Dig around, there’s stories about how these b*stards would set whole hostels and hotels on fire if they had migrants.

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hc2nbmSc5Zy8.jpg

Europe used to be lit before the dark ages stripped the soul from the continent and left it inhabited by drones in human flesh. Italy and Spain are the two notable countries with native dna as the last dying torch of humanity withers on that forsaken continent.

Secondly, these migrants are being imported as a scapegoat for these countries prior to economic collapse, these parasites depends on labor and resources from the global south and now that their ponzi economy is about to implode, they are using tactics to frame the event with manufactured narratives, contrived chaos and they will play the victim after they can no longer suck

Last edited: