Rex Tillerson - You're Fired! - Pompeo is Secretary of State; Gina Haspel is CIA Director

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
[

There's no Congressional Support for it. The only option is something crazy like the Israelis doing a solo strike and then begging for US help.

And despite the idiotic Israeli politicians like Netanyahu, Liberman, Bennett, etc... the national security heads in Israel are much more rational.

Republican control Congress and they are anti-iran and pro Israel to death. Trump's entire cabinent if full anti-Iran hawks. The only anti-Iran hawk that is rational is Matthis. And he had Tillerson as a tag team partner to reign in Trumps hyper militaristic policies. With Tillerson gone Matthis is the lone voice of reason. Pompeao as Secretary of state bring us close to war with North Korea or Iran. Iran seems more likely because now the fight against ISIS is nearly over in Syria the next step is to limit Iran's influence. That means grave miscalculations will be committed. Pompeao has the belief of war as the go to option instead of it being the last resort. This May and summer will be interesting. Trump will scrap the Iran deal. He will have that face to face meeting with Kim to basically be the last chance for diplomacy. Talks will fail and Trump will say he exhausted all diplomatic options. Pompeao will be confirmed as secretary of State at the time. SMH things could go out of hand quickly.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Republican control Congress and they are anti-iran and pro Israel to death. Trump's entire cabinent if full anti-Iran hawks. The only anti-Iran hawk that is rational is Matthis. And he had Tillerson as a tag team partner to reign in Trumps hyper militaristic policies. With Tillerson gone Matthis is the lone voice of reason. Pompeao as Secretary of state bring us close to war with North Korea or Iran. Iran seems more likely because now the fight against ISIS is nearly over in Syria the next step is to limit Iran's influence. That means grave miscalculations will be committed. Pompeao has the belief of war as the go to option instead of it being the last resort. This May and summer will be interesting. Trump will scrap the Iran deal. He will have that face to face meeting with Kim to basically be the last chance for diplomacy. Talks will fail and Trump will say he exhausted all diplomatic options. Pompeao will be confirmed as secretary of State at the time. SMH things could go out of hand quickly.

Yeah but Trump IMO doesn't have the guts to invade Iran. We've talked about this many times. The amount of manpower is not there, the trillions of dollars, the disruption of global oil flow. You really think this bufoon is going to committ to something like that? Doubt it. Reporters who've been at the White House have asked "what does rolling back Iranian influence mean? Regime change?" and the White House has no idea what to say. They have no strategy.

Here's what will happen. As you said the war against ISIS is nearly over. Despite what Trump is saying, the US is going to stay in Northeastern Syria for a long time. They've set up bases, they basically control a quarter of Syria's oil reserves with the SDF militias east of the Euphrates. This is what the administration is saying in "countering Iran". The question is... will those Kurdish YPG fighters in the SDF turn on the US for abandoning them to the Turkish invasion? That's a long term question but it wouldn't surprise if they make a formal deal with Damascus since they have contact. That's a dicey situation in that the US has no mandate in Syria post-ISIS.

I think Israel may try to invade Lebanon again and start another war with Hezbollah because of the natural gas dispute (Block 9). The US would obviously back that as a way to "counter Iranian influence". But predictably, it'll fail because the Israelis will have a bytch of a time should they try do that. Hezbollah has only gotten stronger and has way more resources now than they had in 2006. The IDF also can't sustain a ground war outside of its borders for more than a week or two.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
War with Iran equals World War 3 and I won’t be sutprised if Trump start some shyt because you can’t impeach a president during war

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
War with Iran equals World War 3 and I won’t be sutprised if Trump start some shyt because you can’t impeach a president during war

You could kill him tho?!?!:ld: Just a thought out there if Pence wants to be all littlefinger and shyt...

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
let's discuss how to make money from any future trump wars. i'm not trying to have this clown make me exhaust all my savings and go broke.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Yeah but Trump IMO doesn't have the guts to invade Iran. We've talked about this many times. The amount of manpower is not there, the trillions of dollars, the disruption of global oil flow. You really think this bufoon is going to committ to something like that? Doubt it. Reporters who've been at the White House have asked "what does rolling back Iranian influence mean? Regime change?" and the White House has no idea what to say. They have no strategy.

Here's what will happen. As you said the war against ISIS is nearly over. Despite what Trump is saying, the US is going to stay in Northeastern Syria for a long time. They've set up bases, they basically control a quarter of Syria's oil reserves with the SDF militias east of the Euphrates. This is what the administration is saying in "countering Iran". The question is... will those Kurdish YPG fighters in the SDF turn on the US for abandoning them to the Turkish invasion? That's a long term question but it wouldn't surprise if they make a formal deal with Damascus since they have contact. That's a dicey situation in that the US has no mandate in Syria post-ISIS.

I think Israel may try to invade Lebanon again and start another war with Hezbollah because of the natural gas dispute (Block 9). The US would obviously back that as a way to "counter Iranian influence". But predictably, it'll fail because the Israelis will have a bytch of a time should they try do that. Hezbollah has only gotten stronger and has way more resources now than they had in 2006. The IDF also can't sustain a ground war outside of its borders for more than a week or two.

When I mean war with Iran I mean mostly an aerial/naval war. It is easier to sell it to the US public until Iran fires ballistic missiles at US bases, Gulf desalination water plants along with their electrical and energy infrastructure, and US ships sink. That is when US does not have the manpower to sustain a ground war and occupation in Iran. However a few airstrikes against Iran won’t do shyt but bring more chaos and destruction against the US presence in the Gulf and greater mideast. I think Trump is dumb enough to launch airstrikes against Iran. And with Pompeao at the helm who has a history of downplaying the cost of war with Iran and underestimating Iran’s capabilities it creates a recipe for war.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
When I mean war with Iran I mean mostly an aerial/naval war. It is easier to sell it to the US public until Iran fires ballistic missiles at US bases, Gulf desalination water plants along with their electrical and energy infrastructure, and US ships sink. That is when US does not have the manpower to sustain a ground war and occupation in Iran. However a few airstrikes against Iran won’t do shyt but bring more chaos and destruction against the US presence in the Gulf and greater mideast. I think Trump is dumb enough to launch airstrikes against Iran. And with Pompeao at the helm who has a history of downplaying the cost of war with Iran and underestimating Iran’s capabilities it creates a recipe for war.

I definitely agree.

Iran has S-300s now. It's going to be very difficult to break it into Iranian airspace and they're always on high alert.

If the USAF wants to lose some planes, have their bases in the Gulf be counter attakced on... then sure. But I don't think Trump has the balls or attention span to do something as crazy as this. And we all know how stupid he is.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Russia has Iran's back.

Trump ain't going against his daddy, Putin.

Trump's agitation with China's money manipulation could lead to a NK situation on the brink of war before I see Iran happening.