RIP Virgil Abloh (9/30/80 - 11/28/21)

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

i literally just thought about this guy because i have an off whyte tag on my fur coat to fix a zipper.
put on my fur and wonder like damn......
wonder what new shyt is virgil gon show and prove with.

then i log on and see this.

just wow.

rest in power

art barr

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Virgil is probably the first Black American designer to reach that success but
ozwald boteng was way before him. Look him up.
I knew some nicca was not gonna pay attention to what I was saying and mention ozwald eventually smh :snoop: I also love the fact you assume I don't know who ozwald is, even though I'm from London :russ:

Yes ozwald got a store on saville row, which is an immense achievement in itself, BUT he never took over the reigns of one of the mega fashion houses which is the endgame for every designer. Every designer. It's a level above in the fashion world. That opportunity is only given to a handful of people and it's basically the fashion equivalent of being given a key to your city. It's a status changer and it's why plenty of people like Raf, Denma etc put their own brands on hold or left their own brands when they got offered the chance to take over the reigns of a Prada, LV, Givenchy etc. Why the fucc you think Virgil was balling his eyes out on Ye's shoulder after his first LV collection. The level of achievement he'd reached was astronomical for any designer let alone a Black one in that super racist industry.

"Look him up" :russ::dead:

Edit

And btw, i'm not trying to disrespect Ozwald's ting either. He's a trailblazer and legend too. But i don't think you understand the level Virgil got to. He was even rubbing shoulders at the top of the art world for a few years, which the likes of Kim Jones is only now just starting to do. Virgil's ting was just different.

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The number of important black men in the culture we've veen losing the last few years and some to health issues not know to the public depressing

Love him or hate him, he made iconic moves in the snearker and art and fashion game and defined this era

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
The good really die young huh, this is fukked up. I'm not too big on fashion but his impact is really settling in now. Dude made it from the bottom to the very top and of course he still had moves to make.

fukked up, way too young.

LiIZaneFan1978

2PAC BACK
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am saying terminal cancer makes you think, think about what is really important in life. He realized that fashion is bullshyt and the most supreme of superficial shyt.
Troll the fukk out of LVMH by making clear handbags that cost over 5000 dollars.

Putting fur on handbags. WTF?

Never forget that photo of him and his family, him off to the side, like he was the help. SMDH.

The man is dead and you still seem personally offended that he put fur on a handbag that you don’t own.