Robert Mugabe Blasts ‘Coward’ Nelson Mandela

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Just want to preface this and say that Africa needs more Mugabe's and less Mandela's.

Aug 06, 2013

800px-Robert_Mugabe_12th_AU_Summit_090202-N-0506A-187-e1375731637690-257x174.jpg
Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe blasted Nelson Mandela as a "coward" and "idiot" during a rally today to celebrate Mugabe's record seventh term in office following his victory in the country's disputed elections last week.

In one of his trademark fiery speeches, the 89-year-old Mugabe -- who has led the southern African country since 1980 -- claimed that he should be hailed as an African hero instead of Mandela, the anti-apartheid icon and former president of neighboring South Africa.

"My huge victory in these elections prove I am the greatest leader in the history of Africa," Mugabe told supporters in Zimbabwe's capital, Harare. "I have spent my whole life fighting for the Zimbabwean people and they continue to elect me."

Mugabe tightened his iron grip on power in last week's elections after he received 61 percent of the vote while his ZANU-PF party won a two-thirds majority in parliament, though there are allegations of widespread fraud and violence against the opposition.

"I am the greatest African who has ever lived," Mugabe said. "The world should love me more than the idiot Nelson Mandela. Shame on Nelson Mandela. As I waged war against colonialism, that coward sat on his ass in prison for 27 years. He's a coward".

"I have been leader for 33 years. Mandela was president for five years. What kind of idiot gives up political power? Great leaders like me know how to stay in power".

"While Mandela sits comfortably in a hospital, I stand before you fit and healthy, ready to lead this country and the Zimbabwean people for at least another 25 years," Mugabe added, referring to the 95-year-old Mandela's ongoing treatment for a lung condition.

Mugabe also mocked South Africa's multicultural "rainbow nation" in his speech, claiming that Mandela didn't care about the interests of black Africans.

"There is only one color allowed in Zimbabwe, and it is black," he said. "I banned the color white in my country. Nelson Mandela told all the white people to stay in his ridiculous rainbow nation. He should have thrown all of the whites and homosexuals out of his country like I did. South Africa would be so much better off."

The Lord of Misrule

Mandela served as South Africa's president from 1994 to 1999 and is highly regarded at home and worldwide for his role in ending apartheid and becoming the country's first democratically elected leader.

Similar to Mandela, Mugabe played a pivotal role in the struggle for black-majority rule against the white minority-controlled Rhodesia, which became Zimbabwe.

In recent years, however, Mugabe and his government have plunged the country into diplomatic and economic isolation due to corruption, authoritarian rule, political violence and human rights abuses. Mugabe drew international condemnation in particular over his land redistribution policies, in which prosperous commercial farmers were chased off their land by violent mobs.

South Africa, which borders Zimbabwe, has pursued a policy of silent diplomacy with Mugabe, appeasing him in public while supposedly criticizing him in private.

South Africa's President Jacob Zuma, who congratulated Mugabe on his presidential victory, said he would review Mugabe's remarks before making an official statement.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Well yea, Nelson Mandela sold out. Got out of jail and did what, taking pictures with the people that oppressed him. Then did what allowed whites to own everything and what did black people get, a chance to vote. :russ: South Africa could have continued fighting for ownership in their nation but instead, opted for the okie doke and let that clown Mandela pacify them with empty words. You gotta be prepared to make enemies, if you want to keep all your money.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
I will give him credit in one thing...being the most militant black man on the planet....cot damn :wow:

People like Nelson Mandela because the whole world knew that black South Africans had the right to go out and merk cacs all over the land for the shyt they have done to black people, but he took the high road like all cacs want black people to do when they have been oppressed by whitey. When we know, that in history, the white man NEVER takes the high road,,,the white man gets EVEN.

I would rather be poor and keep my dignity than to coddle and kiss up to the white man to what amounts to crumbs. I can NEVER feel sorry for a white Afrikan...they should be lucky they are not being treated worse.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Lets see how this nation is doing in 50 years. After kicking out the white folks you cant expect a complete economic turnaround in a few years. Give them 50-60. Especially with white folks hating and not letting that country trade anywhere.

If you dont rebuild the way they want to they label you a savage. Look at Germany. Lost damn near half their population, got ravaged by Russians, half the business in the nation are foreign owned and the US taking major cuts of that while still occupying. Its the price of war but sheeeeeeeeit, people arent trying to get raped forever and if you want your money, you gotta be prepared to piss people off because white folks want that cut.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Neo-Liberalism is slavery to the financiers. I can give credit to Mugabe for being hard line and challenging those entities. However, the country has massive unemployment now and everyone knows the elections were fixed.
I don't know why he chose the dollar to stabalize the currency. Sure, a lot of other countries did it, because it waswas fast and effective short term. But it puts you in a straight jacket, and you miss out on a lot of the options you would have like, sovereign currency creation.

That being said Tsvangari screwed up big time in even bothering to contest elections that were clearly going to be fixed. He's finished now politically and whenever Mugabe dies, the defense minister and other ZANU-PF elite will take over. It's a shame though because that country has tons of potential, from having a relatively well educated urban base to a wealth of natural resources and fertile land.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
they all great leaders in their right

but what a quote: "There is only one color allowed in Zimbabwe, and it is black," he said. "I banned the color white in my country. Nelson Mandela told all the white people to stay in his ridiculous rainbow nation. He should have thrown all of the whites and homosexuals out of his country like I did. South Africa would be so much better off."

COLI MANDINGO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Are y'all fukkin serious? Do y'all know anything about Mugabe? This guy is known to be very corrupt leader that needs to die already. He has stayed in power for so long through force, violence, and corruption. No reason anybody should remain in power for over thirty years.

The guy is responsible for 20k-30k murders. Wtf are y'all tombot there need to be more mugabes. This the dumbest thing I've heard.

This faq is super rich while all the citizens suffer in poverty,fleeing to South Africa. He steals the resources for himself.

Nelson Mandela is not perfect. Nobody is. Can you name one leader evr who hasn't made some kind of mistake? Shout out to Nelson Mandela. Idk how many South Africans y'all know but all the South Africans I know love the man and he is seen as a hero. They feel that when he passes the country will suffer from corruption. And go to shyt. Mandela is good. Y'all's bytch asses wouldn't stay in jail for 27 years fighting for what u believe in so stfu

Last edited:

Odyssey

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey brehs, if you ask me to support and love Mugabe and Mandela yet hate Andres Breivik, perhaps you have a mother you would like to go fukk?

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Mandela is too smart for you.

Mugabe took the land and gave it to the black farmers who had no skills to operate the farms...I will let you guess what has happened to the country.

Anyone who supports Mugabe is sick in the head and has never been to the country.

The people are desperate beyond measure.
Zimbabwe is the true definition of hell on earth, trust me I have been there.

Easily the worst 4 days of my life. No reliable water, electricity and the basic stuff humans take for granted are a nightmare to get.

Last edited:

emoney

custom user title
Daps
I don't really like Mandela either but he did way more for his country than Mugabe did for his. Compare South Africa to fukking Zimbabwe and you'll come to the conclusion I did.