ROC-A-FELLA died of aids that was the end of his chapter

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Rocafella died of AIDS, that was the end of his chapter
And that's the guy y'all chose to name your company after?

Nas

None of the famous Rockefellers ever died of AIDS; rather, Jay-Z’s label is named after a Brooklyn hustler named Rocafella who died of AIDS when it was first becoming an epidemic in the black community.

From the Jaz-O song “Love is gone”: “Rocafella had the crown on the block, him and Sync gettin' bent/I was 10 lookin' at them intrigued”

:ohhh:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
JUST HOW DEEP IS ETHER :damn:

He also brought up the whole Big Pun bottle thing also in the orignal version.........

Joe talks about that in an interview with MTV news the DAY BEFORE the diss came out where they asked him about hearing their was a line about Big Pun on there.....

Most likely Colombia told him to take out the line.........they have been known to be very sensative......remember that verse by Nas on Hip Hop is dead that was censored even on the explicit version?

LordTaskForce

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
mind blown, some inception shyt

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Nas stans help me out: can y'all drop me a link of this dude Rocafella that has nothing to do with Nas or Ether? Cause this would have to be the first legendary gangster glorified in hip hop that the vast majority of hip hop fans have never heard about. The only mention in history of this nikka that ran the block is from a Jaz-O song? Not a mention from Jay, Dame or Biggs? And apparently I'm supposed to believe he was the inspiration for the label name as opposed to one of the richest men that ever lived? So where did this Rocafella that died of AIDs get his name from? :ohhh:

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
Of all the threads that have been made about this song, y'all really didn't know this? :lolbron:

Existential

Nothing really matters...
Daps
Seriously. This has been common hip hop knowledge.

:mindblown:

So many will come here pretending that they knew this all along. Yeah fukking right, I don't buy it. This piece of info has got a lot of posters going :ohhh:

Hands down, the most common interpretation was that Nas was speaking about a "Rockefeller," that's what the vast majority of people assumed and left it at that. Few knew of this Brooklyn hustler, or had the resources to fukking find out about him. You can't even google, wikipedia this dude or nothing. Tons of listeners didn't know this and many still won't ever know this.