ROC-A-FELLA died of aids that was the end of his chapter

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
He also brought up the whole Big Pun bottle thing also in the orignal version.........

Joe talks about that in an interview with MTV news the DAY BEFORE the diss came out where they asked him about hearing their was a line about Big Pun on there.....

Most likely Colombia told him to take out the line.........they have been known to be very sensative......remember that verse by Nas on Hip Hop is dead that was censored even on the explicit version?
i was thinking about that the other day because i heard some Green Day or Offspring song and they're talking about killing DJ's :mindblown: it's ok for some fukk face Green Day fukks but not Nas

IllmaticPost

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
habias corpus orphans maniacal brevity sake star glance
more chance the fate of ancient clever bars, pants
cough out the weed plume of enhancements
murder niggaz i once grew with digital lances
its actually, Rock--a fella (a fella named Rock) that died of aids :ahh:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
JUST HOW DEEP IS ETHER :damn:

What you think, you getting girls now cause of your looks?
Negro please
You no mustache having, whiskers like a rat
Compared to Beans you wack

:jayblac:

NaS cut Jay with all his insecurities AT ONCE.

And ladies and gentlemen, that's why you don't fukk with Virgos. :damn:

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Nas stans help me out: can y'all drop me a link of this dude Rocafella that has nothing to do with Nas or Ether? Cause this would have to be the first legendary gangster glorified in hip hop that the vast majority of hip hop fans have never heard about. The only mention in history of this nikka that ran the block is from a Jaz-O song? Not a mention from Jay, Dame or Biggs? And apparently I'm supposed to believe he was the inspiration for the label name as opposed to one of the richest men that ever lived? So where did this Rocafella that died of AIDs get his name from? :ohhh:

yep... this is what happens when you brains goes :ohlawd: +:flabbynsick: +:mindblown: but your pride goes :scusthov: = :birdman: that throws himself in the bushes

Daps
Reppin
Dreadfort
Rocafella died of AIDS, that was the end of his chapter
And that's the guy y'all chose to name your company after?

Nas

None of the famous Rockefellers ever died of AIDS; rather, Jay-Z’s label is named after a Brooklyn hustler named Rocafella who died of AIDS when it was first becoming an epidemic in the black community.

From the Jaz-O song “Love is gone”: “Rocafella had the crown on the block, him and Sync gettin' bent/I was 10 lookin' at them intrigued”

:ohhh:
wow that line never made sense to me because i thought they named it after J D rockefeller and was like... "wait aids wasn't an issue till the 80s..nas lost on that bar" but now i see it :ohh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So many will come here pretending that they knew this all along. Yeah fukking right, I don't buy it. This piece of info has got a lot of posters going :ohhh:

Hands down, the most common interpretation was that Nas was speaking about a "Rockefeller," that's what the vast majority of people assumed and left it at that. Few knew of this Brooklyn hustler, or had the resources to fukking find out about him. You can't even google, wikipedia this dude or nothing. Tons of listeners didn't know this and many still won't ever know this.

I dunno if you were on SOHH or not, but this thread was made a few times. Specifically in relation to Jay fans mentioning that no Rockefeller died of AIDs.

So while it's not "common knowledge", this ain't something that was just revealed today, and a lot of the people saying "I knew this" are from SOHH.

Fred.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh:

I always thought the label was named after the famous Rockefeller we all know

The layers of ether in ether :ohlawd:

Must of had jay like :wow: when he heard that line

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol @ these smart dumb nikkas though.

Bet they don't even know that JD Rockerfeller was an oil tyc00n born and raised in New York.

If your IQ is low enough I guess it makes more sense to believe that the label was named after some random street cat that nobody ever heard of, let alone one that died of AIDS. I'm sorry brehs :yeshrug: