ROC-A-FELLA died of aids that was the end of his chapter

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
I dunno if you were on SOHH or not, but this thread was made a few times. Specifically in relation to Jay fans mentioning that no Rockefeller died of AIDs.

So while it's not "common knowledge", this ain't something that was just revealed today, and a lot of the people saying "I knew this" are from SOHH.

Fred.

now that you mention it.. :ohhh: i do remember that but it was dismissed back then...

but the ether with he quote from the Jaz song :demonic:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
So many will come here pretending that they knew this all along. Yeah fukking right, I don't buy it. This piece of info has got a lot of posters going :ohhh:

Hands down, the most common interpretation was that Nas was speaking about a "Rockefeller," that's what the vast majority of people assumed and left it at that. Few knew of this Brooklyn hustler, or had the resources to fukking find out about him. You can't even google, wikipedia this dude or nothing. Tons of listeners didn't know this and many still won't ever know this.
exactly.. I remember reading through threads on :hamster: about this line and not one person ever figured it out or I would've known about it by now.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Rocafella died of AIDS, that was the end of his chapter
And that's the guy y'all chose to name your company after?

Nas

None of the famous Rockefellers ever died of AIDS; rather, Jay-Z’s label is named after a Brooklyn hustler named Rocafella who died of AIDS when it was first becoming an epidemic in the black community.

From the Jaz-O song “Love is gone”: “Rocafella had the crown on the block, him and Sync gettin' bent/I was 10 lookin' at them intrigued”

:ohhh:

JUST HOW DEEP IS ETHER :damn:

:dwillhuh: :wow:

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LOL@ "I never heard of him". Like you nikkas in the know. You nikkas don't even know what nikkas is gettin it now, let alone 30 years ago.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
So many will come here pretending that they knew this all along. Yeah fukking right, I don't buy it. This piece of info has got a lot of posters going :ohhh:

Hands down, the most common interpretation was that Nas was speaking about a "Rockefeller," that's what the vast majority of people assumed and left it at that. Few knew of this Brooklyn hustler, or had the resources to fukking find out about him. You can't even google, wikipedia this dude or nothing. Tons of listeners didn't know this and many still won't ever know this.

I knew about the rockerfella cat back in high school and i'm 25....the info came out around the time of the diss record. The people who are just now learning about this should do more research instead of listening to a verse and go "oh shyt...that shyt crazy fam" or like you said maybe they didn't have the resources to find out about such things, either way this is a well known fact. Doing a lil homework can really make the music stand out more, especially Ether.

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
lol @ these smart dumb nikkas though.

Bet they don't even know that JD Rockerfeller was an oil tyc00n born and raised in New York.

If your IQ is low enough I guess it makes more sense to believe that the label was named after some random street cat that nobody ever heard of, let alone one that died of AIDS. I'm sorry brehs :yeshrug:

Yeah bruh it's more plausible the Oil Robber Barron Rockerfeller from the 1800s was the one that died from aids the company was named after :wtf:

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
My only question is why Hov, Biggs and Dash named their record label after another drug dealer who no one knew.

There are active kingpins as we speak that no one knows about..and that's how the smartest ones want it

For instance how people idolize Rich, Po and AZ but from everything I read Fritz was bigger than all of them but kept a lower profile...and you pretty much never hear about him

PIFF101

Bring back the Golden Era
Daps
Reppin
The Mecca of HipHop
That's my GOAT :to:

images