FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
GB is $50M over the cap. Posted this in other thread

He’s super aware of the salary cap listening to this presser. He’s definitely become more in tune with Gutekunst and the front office.

They either kick the cap issue down the line, or he takes a pay cut amongst others or he’s traded post June 1 to the team of his liking.

I don’t think he’s retiring. But I do believe we will see #10 under center and not #12 come August.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Here’s the Packers cap situation

I pulled this from another forum

With the inevitable reorganization of the roster in '22, it might be useful to explicitly identify the full universe of realistic cap-clearing moves. Estimating GB's maximum achievable cap space (MACS) will make clear what is and isn't possible in terms of '22 roster construction.

Cap relief in '22 depends almost entirely on a dozen premium contracts, adjustments to which generate the following approximate savings:

(*Savings through extension are rough estimates)

If there are other notable moves that have been overlooked, or if the projected savings are inaccurate, please append.

By most estimates, GB stands approximately $55m over the '22 cap. As can be seen, they're capable of clearing considerably more than that number. The obvious restructures (DB, Clark, Jones) clear $16m. All the potential extensions clear $40m. A few cuts (e.g. Cobb, ZSmith, Lowry, Crosby) clear $30m.

As an example, all the bolded moves above would leave GB more than $30m under the cap, with Rodgers still under center. That seems sufficient to re-up Adams (assuming a reasonable '22 cap figure) and several of their own free agents, pay their RFA's and fill out the rest of the roster.

When viewed through the lens of achievable cap space, GB's '22 situation seems fine. If they can ink Rodgers to a cap-friendly number, they will, with a few exceptions, be able to mostly "run back" the '21 team if they so choose.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I think Rodgers falls apart outside the NFC North, where every year at least two teams are absolute trash. I’m not denying his greatness but if Rodgers goes to the Broncos for instance and has to face Mahomes and Herbert twice a year…or even Washington where you got Dallas and Philly (if they get a real QB).

He may quickly realize that he’s been in the perfect spot for a decade and hasn’t been able to get it done when it counted.