Rotten Tomato scores that leave you baffled

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell: Changed what? if anything is a "coli thing" is the overation of tarintiono...
pulp fiction IS NOT better the forrest gump duke. The fact that dudes calling it trash is :mindblown:

and i know you enjoyed it....most of this is directed at dudes you quoted

Pulp Fiction changed the way Hollywood/movie industry looked at Indie films.

Its impact on Hollywood was deeper still. According to Variety, the trajectory of Pulp Fiction from Cannes launch to commercial smash "forever altered the game" of so-called independent cinema.[121] It "cemented Miramax's place as the reigning indie superpower",[1] writes Biskind. "Pulp became the Star Wars of independents, exploding expectations for what an indie film could do at the box office."[122] The film's large financial return on its small budget transform[ed] the industry's attitude toward the lowly indies, spawning a flock of me-too classics divisions. S]mart studio executives suddenly woke up to the fact that grosses and market share, which got all the press, were not the same as profits. Once the studios realized that they could exploit the economies of (small) scale, they more or less gave up buying or remaking the films themselves, and either bought the distributors, as Disney had Miramax, or started their own...copy[ing] Miramax's marketing and distribution strategies.[123]

In 2001, Variety, noting the increasing number of actors switching back and forth between expensive studio films and low-budget independent or indie-style projects, suggested that the "watershed moment for movie stars" came with the decision by Willis—one of Hollywood's highest-paid performers—to appear in Pulp Fiction.[124]

And its impact was even broader than that. It has been described as a "major cultural event", an "international phenomenon" that influenced television, music, literature, and advertising.[118][125] Not long after its release, it was identified as a significant focus of attention within the growing community of Internet users.[126] Adding Pulp Fiction to his roster of "Great Movies" in 2001, Roger Ebert called it "the most influential film of the decade".[127] Four years later, Time's Corliss wrote much the same: "(unquestionably) the most influential American movie of the 90s".[128]

Pulp Fiction made a bigger impact that Forrest Gump.

And I would watch Sawshank Redemption over Forrest Gump if they were both on TV at the same time:yeshrug:. Both movies are well acted, great characters, character development, dialogue, great pacing, all the elements of making a movie great, but I like the Sawshank story of redemption better.

Last edited:

ottorocket

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii
these scores don't leave me baffled but it's funny how we love stuff as kids but adults don't have the same fondness for it; I think it's something we should keep in mind when we dump on kids movies today:

Mighty Ducks 12%
D2 21%
Little Giants 40%
Little Rascals 27%
Power Rangers 50%
Home Alone 54%
Home Alone 2 24%
Uncle Buck 64% :mindblown:

The Goonies 67%:shaq2:

Ok this one does baffle me though: Heavyweights is at 27%:damn: are you kidding me?
Space Jam 35% :damn:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all REALLY sitting here making excuses for why a movie about the PINNACLE of White Supremacy has a 100% score by Cac journalists:stopitslime:
Also why are you so sensitive I was not defending the movie I was just providing an explanation on why it got a high score. Take a film corset they talk about this movie all the time. Smh @ you taking away points from me.

HideoKojima

DOOM, all capitals, no trick spellin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, Home of the trillest
The Cabin in The Woods.. 92 percent.

I hated this movie. I thought it was more insulting to the genre of Horror than an homage or whatever.. it was tongue in cheek in a bad way unlike something like Scream and the writers/director were feeling themselves too much. Just because they would rather see more horror movies with different villains and monsters doesn't mean thats what the public wants. I think horror is most effective when you don't stray too much from common horror movie themes and practices.

I saw the shyt in theaters, and I was kind of upset that I didn't like the movie, because the whole theater audience loved it, to the point that people were clapping and having conversations with each other about how great it was during the credits and I'm sitting there like "I dont get it" :yeshrug:
The whole film is pretty much genius man. It's satire. The film basically explains why horror movies exist. They're all sacrifices and those dumb things that happen in horror movies (people having sex while serial killers are on the loose and splitting up) are intentional. I thought it was witty.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The whole film is pretty much genius man. It's satire. The film basically explains why horror movies exist. They're all sacrifices and those dumb things that happen in horror movies (people having sex while serial killers are on the loose and splitting up) are intentional. I thought it was witty.

It's witty but it is also a very smug film and so proud of itself lol. It's less about horror and more about horror fans and what we want and crave from our horror flicks and how we react if if we don't get it. It's more so calling the audience out for our dumbness and in that sense, it's a very smug film. Fukk you cabin in the woods! I still love it tho lol

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
The Cabin in The Woods.. 92 percent.

I hated this movie. I thought it was more insulting to the genre of Horror than an homage or whatever.. it was tongue in cheek in a bad way unlike something like Scream and the writers/director were feeling themselves too much. Just because they would rather see more horror movies with different villains and monsters doesn't mean thats what the public wants. I think horror is most effective when you don't stray too much from common horror movie themes and practices.

I saw the shyt in theaters, and I was kind of upset that I didn't like the movie, because the whole theater audience loved it, to the point that people were clapping and having conversations with each other about how great it was during the credits and I'm sitting there like "I dont get it" :yeshrug:
92%?!? Like, forreal, forreal? :beli:

That shyt was hot garbage. I get that it was satire, but I still left the movie thinking "Well, that was a waste of my time."