Run The Jewels - RTJ4 (Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'The Booth' started by Lil Gator Reloaded, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Nigerianwonder

Nigerianwonder Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $315500.00

A lot of this is overblown. Some black stores and restaurants got trashed and had stolen merchandise. Insurance will cover theft. Windows are cheap to repair. Literally the next day they had people in the communities coming together to clean up the messes and help with the broken glass etc.

Very few if any black businesses suffered severe structural damage like being burned down. And most black businesses don't actually own the buildings they are in anyway. They lease commercial space. Any structural damage would be repaired by the landlord who has insurance on the entire building.

2. Antdrewjosh

Antdrewjosh Pro

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

Yall dumb. Killer Mike a sellout???

3. JustCKing

JustCKing Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

I never said that it mattered more to me. Does calling Killer Mike a sellout or justifying calling him one matter more to you?

This isn't the first we heard from Killer Mike. And how is Killer Mike useless? Because he didn't say what you wanted him to say how you wanted him to say it?

DLo, Rhakim and The Dust King dapped this.
  4. mbz

mbz Pro

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

Holy shyt some of the comments in here.

Mike has done more for his community and his city than the combined lifetimes of all you lowlifes.

But please go ahead and keyboard warrior yourself away in the comfort of your homes lmao.

Album been out for 9 hours and all I see is two pages of people whining about his character, meanwhile these same folk will catapult a new Drake mixtape to 400 pages within the same time period. Good one :heh:.

Am I smelling a cac infestation in here?

DLo, Rhakim, Inertia Creeps and 16 others dapped this.
  5. Antdrewjosh

Antdrewjosh Pro

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

Ooh la la is on fukking repeat

Danie84, ill_will82, Da_Eggman and 3 others dapped this.
  6. Lot 80's

Lot 80's Last of the 80's.

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Virginia
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Show me where I called him a sellout. I said he was a bootlicker. Anyone calling for compassion for the police after witnessing a state sanctioned murder. I don’t know what else you can call that.

I’m almost positive the both of you have many more posts than I, and a later join date. Keyboard warrior? Relax. Stop defended celebrities. I’m sure if someone you cared for died by the hands of police senselessly. You wouldn’t want to hear “vote in November.”

Riryoku and CoryMack dapped this.
  7. JohnnyTruant

JohnnyTruant All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Sydney, Austalia
    Coli Cash:
    $340221.00

So... anyone interested in talking about the music, or... ?

dblive, Rhakim, Danie84 and 4 others dapped this.
  8. mbz

mbz Pro

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

a bootlicker = sellout. Stop being pedantic.

You sound like a guy that's unfamiliar with Mike's music, where he speaks about police brutality and empowering the black community quite extensively. But no, let's distill his entire body of work and activism to being a sellout because your LARPin anarchist ass is upset at his call for calmness.

Your arguments are poor too. You can't invoke shyt like living wage/got insurance/"rapper owns it" when there are business impacted that do NOT fall under such categories. On the flip side, if you or your pops owns a business that got burned to the ground, and your insurance don't got you covered....are you gonna sing the same tune? I doubt it. Your attempts to bring up post count/join date is irrelevant. I'm not judging you by how much time you spend on thecoli, but by how much shyt you're willing to talk in the comfort of your home. You sure do sound like a frontlinin activist no doubt :francis:

9. mbz

mbz Pro

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

Only at a first listen. Album is dope, reminds me more of RTJ2 vibe-wise. Way more militant.

Don't wanna name tracks just yet. There's so much good shyt that needs further digesting.

10. scorpino

scorpino Love Yourz

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Killer mike rubbed me the wrong way when he sat down with that NRA dude but with that said the message on the song Ju$t is important and should be heard by everyone

11. Antdrewjosh

Antdrewjosh Pro

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

Album is fukking dope its about time we start talking about where they belong on the top Duos of all time list

12. Lot 80's

Lot 80's Last of the 80's.

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Virginia
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

The first song I mentioned was “That’s Life” from I Pledge Allegiance To The GRIND. Back when Pill was still rapping and Cuz Lightyear was better known as SL Jones. fukk out my face talking about I don’t know his work. I doubt highly you were listening in ‘06.

If a business is not paying its employees enough to live. Why does that business matter? If that’s poor reasoning to you, I don’t know what to tell you, g.

Phantom Dreamer dapped this.
  13. JustCKing

JustCKing Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Breh, I don't think he was calling for compassion for the officers who killed George Floyd or murdered other unarmed Black people. He merely pointed out that his father was a cop to emphasize that not all cops are the enemy.

No, I don't want to hear "vote in November", but I'm not about to call someone a boot licker for saying it.

What does the amount of posts or join date have to do with any of this?

This isn't a defense of celebrities. You are in a thread about an album and are talking about said rapper's politics. There's a whole other thread discussing that. Now if you really want to take it there, where is the progress in tearing down another Black man just because he doesn't share your views? That does not mean he isn't as angered or as upset as you are and it doesn't mean he's giving a pass for racism. Now you're claiming I'm in here being a keyboard warrior to defend a celebrity, yet you are so quick to pass judgement and tear them down just because.

14. Crumple

Crumple All Star

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $250500.00

It's my hope that @KillerMike and @therealelp win the 2021 Grammy for best rap album! My fav joints are Calama and Snow! Excellent teamwork guys! #RTJ4
    Coli, to me this is the closest we're getting to big time, quality, legit rap music!

Danie84, Da_Eggman, ball15life and 2 others dapped this.
  15. Antdrewjosh

Antdrewjosh Pro

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

Voting in November is exactly what people should be saying..the fukk. That's exactly how we got into this situation. Motherfukkers not voting..so many people of color can't vote and those who can most don't. Protesting and looting is just one step in changing things VOTING is the other..cant believe motherfukkers in here questioning Mike. Came in here to talk about how dope this album is and end up reading this dumb shyt