Russell Westbrook PASSES the Big O Oscar Robertson's Career Triple Double Record of 181!

IMPRESSED?

• Total voters

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
No they can't. If they could they would.

Magic Johnson literally said he couldn't do it and that it was impossible.

Maybe LeBron in his prime. Even then, he wouldn't get 42 in a season.

People need to quit acting like anyone could do it. They would if they could. Just appreciate greatness instead of hating
The premise of organic achievement is disingenuous by dude who brought it up. His favorite player is the architect of constructing super teams to win easy chips.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Not impressed only because I don't think Magic or Oscar chased them. Russ does.

Imo, there are several players in the league that can break this record if they chased em
:russ: Magic and Oscar literally disagree with you. And even recorded a tribute video along with Jason Kidd congratulating him. But what do they know right?

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
My only disagreement with this assessment is organic nature of his triple double, the whole point of sports is to impose your will on the court, field, pitch, etc against your competition....

Its not like westbrook is Jerry Stackhouse status putting up stats without a winning record

But some other things to consider is the following:
-David Robinson getting 71 points to win the scoring title, was that organic?
- Kobe(rip) getting 81 points, was that organic?
- Jordan averaging 33, 8, 8, was that organic?
- LeBron not shooting buzzer beaters back in early 2010s to protect his shooting percentage, was that organic?
- Devin Booker getting 70 points was that organic?
- Stockton force feeding Malone in 1997 and 1998 to win MVP, was that organic? ( I hate Malone, I feel it was organic those Jazz teams rosters, wtf)

While I understand the point your making, its no different than people saying I like college basketball over the NBA cause they play pure and the right way:mjpls:

This organic narrative only gets thrown at Russ. Most NBA legends statpad, to act like Russ has had NBA championship roster since 2016 is false narrative
Even now Bradley Beal has been out the last 3-4 games but I've heard poster complain of the Wizards losing to the Hawks twice, have you seen their roster:why:

This is fair, my only push back would be that we know Oscar wasn't chasing triple doubles because "triple double" didn't exist. There was no incentive for averaging double digits across the board because there was not only no reward for it, there was no acknowledgment of it. No one knew what it was, it wasn't a thing...

Now, I'm positive O knew his stats and I agree with your point on most, if not all, great players have chased stat achievements at some point or other, the evidence is there. Just saying the triple doubles were achieved organically because there was no incentive at his time...

I definitely aint in the crowd that Russ has had great rosters in recent years. If you've seen my posts in other threads, I'm a longtime Russ fan and supporter bro. But he's played better basketball in his career than he has in the years he's averaged triple doubles, particularly in the 2010-16 stretch, and last season in Houston. I dont believe he has to chase triple doubles for his team to win despite having a winning record with a triple double, he only had 8 last year...

Daps
This is fair, my only push back would be that we know Oscar wasn't chasing triple doubles because "triple double" didn't exist. There was no incentive for averaging double digits across the board because there was not only no reward for it, there was no acknowledgment of it. No one knew what it was, it wasn't a thing...

Now, I'm positive O knew his stats and I agree with your point on most, if not all, great players have chased stat achievements at some point or other, the evidence is there. Just saying the triple doubles were achieved organically because there was no incentive at his time...

I definitely aint in the crowd that Russ has had great rosters in recent years. If you've seen my posts in other threads, I'm a longtime Russ fan and supporter bro. But he's played better basketball in his career than he has in the years he's averaged triple doubles, particularly in the 2010-16 stretch, and last season in Houston. I dont believe he has to chase triple doubles for his team to win despite having a winning record with a triple double, he only had 8 last year...
Wtf he's definitely playing better now than he was in Houston. He was great in the second half of both seasons but russ playmaking is better this season. He's less efficient yeah but he's a better player overall

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Yes. Several players in the NBA can manage to get 10 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists over 100 times if that's what they wanted to go after.

You don't think Magic and O could've gotten many more of they actually chased that stat?

They did great just letting the game come to them. Imagine going specifically for these metrics
But Russ not getting 10/10/10, he’s getting 25/15/15 a lot. Even had a games with 20+ rebounds and assists. Totally different than 10/10/10. His trip dubs aren’t basic.