Russell Wilson tells Essence going to B2B Super Bowls opened doors for Black QBs like Mahomes

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I readily concede that the defense was clearly more vital to Seattle success, but it doesnt change the fact that Russ was a good to very good QB, even during the peak of the LOB. I bet that the 2006 Bears, 2006 Ravens, 1994/1995 Steelers, 2000 Titans, 2017 Jaguars, 2019 49ers etf..wished they had Russell Wilson quarterbacking their team.
I don't disagree that he's better than those QBs, but nobody says he was a bum early on.

premier58

All Star
Daps
I don't disagree that he's better than those QBs, but nobody says he was a bum early on.
But he is constantly downplayed. I guess because he wasnt the best of the best. If Andrew Luck did the same thing with the same team, it would not be questioned nearly as much. Everybody cant be Manning and Brady, doesnt mean we cant praise Big Ben. Everyone cant be Bron or Kobe, doesnt mean we can praise and appreciate the excellence of Paul Pierce.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
But he is constantly downplayed. I guess because he wasnt the best of the best. If Andrew Luck did the same thing with the same team, it would not be questioned nearly as much. Everybody cant be Manning and Brady, doesnt mean we cant praise Big Ben. Everyone cant be Bron or Kobe, doesnt mean we can praise and appreciate the excellence of Paul Pierce.
Luck and Manning demonstrated carrying a team early. Russ didn't. He's only "downplayed" because people try to push him as the main reason Seattle won. He wasn't.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Delusional. Warren Moon and Randall Cunningham needs their respect. McNabb and Doug.

Russ opened doors for guys like Kyler and Bryce like another poster touched upon.
The fact that he was the first SB winner since Doug is the point I think he's tryna make.

premier58

All Star
Daps
Luck and Manning demonstrated carrying a team early. Russ didn't. He's only "downplayed" because people try to push him as the main reason Seattle won. He wasn't.
Who has ever tried to push the notion that Russ was the main reason that Seattlr.won?? The star of that show in real time, was always the defense, then Beast Mode, then Russ. Luck played in a different offense, in a dome, in a weaker offense. If he played for Carroll, with Marshawn and that defense, his attempts are going down. If he produced the exact same results as Russ did, with the same team, no one would question it. You mentioned Luck and Manning, I am not arguing that Russ is their equivalent, In saying he was a good to very good QB even from 2012-2014. That is in real time and with the benefit of hindsight.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:mjpls:
Who has ever tried to push the notion that Russ was the main reason that Seattlr.won?? The star of that show in real time, was always the defense, then Beast Mode, then Russ. Luck played in a different offense, in a dome, in a weaker offense. If he played for Carroll, with Marshawn and that defense, his attempts are going down. If he produced the exact same results as Russ did, with the same team, no one would question it. You mentioned Luck and Manning, I am not arguing that Russ is their equivalent, In saying he was a good to very good QB even from 2012-2014. That is in real time and with the benefit of hindsight.
No, you mentioned Luck and Manning.

The "result" in Seattle is not disputed. The weight of each factor that gave them success, is.

If you're not arguing Russ as their equivalent then what are you arguing? Again, nobody told you Russ wasn't a good QB.

premier58

All Star
Daps
:mjpls:

No, you mentioned Luck and Manning.

The "result" in Seattle is not disputed. The weight of each factor that gave them success, is.

If you're not arguing Russ as their equivalent then what are you arguing? Again, nobody told you Russ wasn't a good QB.
Well I guess Im arguing nothing at this point. I mentioned Luck because I felt that the QB with the better pedigree wouldnt have been discredited nearly as much. I brought Manning up, along with Brady, just to say that Wilson should still be appreciated for being a legit good to very good QB as a pup in the league.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I don't know about opening the door for people like Mahomes but he definitely moved the conversation forward where Black QBs were respected not just for their athletic abilities but for the ability to read defenses and break them down and Russell made a lot 'guys' thrive under him.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Well I guess Im arguing nothing at this point. I mentioned Luck because I felt that the QB with the better pedigree wouldnt have been discredited nearly as much. I brought Manning up, along with Brady, just to say that Wilson should still be appreciated for being a legit good to very good QB as a pup in the league.
People do that already...