Sales projections: 2 Chainz - 60k ... Big Boi - 25K ... Young Thug - 5k

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Thug is an industry plant why doesn't the industry force him on us? White hipster publications enjoying your project doesn't make you an industry plant. Look at what happened with Fancy by Iggy. Real industry plants don't fail.

Clear Channel’s ‘On the Verge’ program helped make Iggy Azalea a star. Here’s how it works.
That was a different type of forcing...they pretty much manufactured Fancy into a hit so they can say "loooook at the youtube views" the way thug stans do.

this dude was in media publications getting push since 2014 or 13. They been trying to make this happen for a while

Hot or Not? Atlanta Rapper ‘Young Thug’ Admits He Rocks Dresses… [PHOTOS]

You gotta ask yourself how many rappers can drop 6 flop albums in a 3 year span and still get so much label push. Start get personally managed by Lyor 3 flops in. Compare that to desiigner, giving up on him after 1 tape. They wanted his image to pop off badly

It proves Young Thug has been forced down on us the entire time and he doesn't have a rabid fan base as he is portray to have. He's an internet darling/sensation at best but even that is begin to fade to the point these wack ass blogs are proclaiming him underrated these days to save face. Yeah he has millions a views on YouTube and streams but how we know they not inflated?

They was plastering this nikka all over the place in his dresses, in his tutu's, etc etc and it didn't work. In alot of ways I feel like Thugga is a failed experiment in terms to social engineering to get young black males to start more dressing feminine. Now its like they got Lil Uzi Vert to replace him since he has more appeal and his management is on point unlike Thugs

I can't even lie and say there was music I fukked with from Thug but it was shyt like Stoner, Danny Glover, Blanguage...his early stuff way before he was on that gay shyt and was treated as some role model for being different in hip-hop.

And this is like his 4th or 5th flop in a row...Thug gotta realize these antics, gimmicks, gay trolling shyt isn't working.

Bingo. Peep game on how these publications tries to champion him constantly as "masculinity redefined".

Young Thug Redefines Masculinity
https://american.therival.news/a/57dc6e081115e222bc2aa240/young-thug-is-reshaping-black-masculinity
The Importance Of Young Thug And Jaden Smith Challenging Hip-Hop’s Masculinity

Just think of how much more of this garbage they'd be pushing if he were actually popping.

Young thug was just an experiment to see if they can slip in a digestible amount of gay shyt as long as it's wrapped in a hood aesthetic. To see if brehs would get down with wearing dresses and lyrics about "smoking dikks" as long as the dude saying the shyt is posing with guns and weed. Of course the coli is one of the few places with nikkas simple enough for it to work.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
He hasn't been forced though. Like I said, Fancy by Iggy was forced. Clear Channel radio stations were "required to play that song at least 150 times." Y'all think just because publications like rappers you don't like, they're "plants." Industry plants don't flop.
Why are you arguing with me over my opinion like a bytch? You don't have to agree with me. Quoting me just to say that you don't like my opinion is on some fakkit shyt. I see why you're a fan of dude:hhh:

desp

SO MUCH FUN
Daps
That was a different type of forcing...they pretty much manufactured Fancy into a hit so they can say "loooook at the youtube views" the way thug stans do.

this dude was in media publications getting push since 2014 or 13. They been trying to make this happen for a while

Hot or Not? Atlanta Rapper ‘Young Thug’ Admits He Rocks Dresses… [PHOTOS]

You gotta ask yourself how many rappers can drop 6 flop albums in a 3 year span and still get so much label push. Start get personally managed by Lyor 3 flops in. Compare that to desiigner, giving up on him after 1 tape. They wanted his image to pop off bad
None of that dresses or redefining masculinity shyt is about the music. The media is using Thug to promote a certain image because he dresses a certain way, but that doesn't mean he's being forced on us. It's media push (which is rarely about the music) and not label push. 300 barely even cares about Thug anymore :russ: Leading up to this project, they only posted 2 tweets promoting it (one was just an emoji and neither even mentioned it was a project that was dropping). They been tweeting more about Tee Grizzley.
Why are you arguing with me over my opinion like a bytch? You don't have to agree with me. Quoting me just to say that you don't like my opinion is on some fakkit shyt. I see why you're a fan of dude:hhh:
Thug really got em in they feelings today :wow:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
These Thug fans
full

Gravity

Banned
Daps
None of that dresses or redefining masculinity shyt is about the music. The media is using Thug to promote a certain image because he dresses a certain way, but that doesn't mean he's being forced on us. It's media push (which is rarely about the music) and not label push. 300 barely even cares about Thug anymore :russ: Leading up to this project, they only posted 2 tweets promoting it (one was just an emoji and neither even mentioned it was a project that was dropping). They been tweeting more about Tee Grizzley.

Thug really got em in they feelings today :wow:
You're the one in your feelings. You're in here going against anybody who speaks negatively of dude like it's your job. Why are you so emotionally invested in other people's opinion of him to the point that you're arguing?

desp

SO MUCH FUN
Daps
You're the one in your feelings. You're in here going against anybody who speaks negatively of dude like it's your job. Why are you so emotionally invested in other people's opinion of him to the point that you're arguing?
:dwillhuh: I haven't gone at anyone over their opinion of him. "Thug has no substance" and "Thug is an industry plant" aren't opinions, I just corrected a couple misconceptions. What is it about Young Thug that makes you so angry breh?

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Question, Since being able to brag about album sales has been taken from rappers, what are they supposed to brag about now? Most people don't believe them when they floss with shyt, most people don't believe them when they say they made X amount of dollars this year or last year or some shyt. Touring is cool but it ain't the greatest bragging right cause anybody can tour. Cameo is still touring. It's crazy that rappers are not only flopping with physical album sales but people barely want to stream their shyt. These guys really need to accept their one hit wonderdom like they did back in the day. Rappers now have the luxury of dropping whatever they want when they want trash or not. People stay making excuses for these twitter and YouTube famous ass rappers. Like literally not long ago rappers who had the spotlight were flopping after putting mad money into projects.. Good luck to Mr. Thug but man it might be over. Might as well just worry about the little fans he do have. That goes for him and a lot of other rappers.