ScarJo Sues Disney Over "Black Widow" Release. Update: ScarJo & Disney settle out of court

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I think she’s looking at what Fast & Furious did and projecting what could’ve have been.

Disney didn’t want to risk it. You got all of these outbreaks from various events.

But again, Fast and Furious.

But under no circumstances was this going to do a billion. Pre-Covid, probably. But not in today’s climate. Shang Chi might not do big numbers either with only a month before it drops. That might get released on Disney + as well.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
All these contracts were made pre disney plus, Yet disney plus is clearly the main focus of the company now.

Gonna be interesting to see how much fukkery we see from the mcu actors and contracts over the next couple years.

:jbhmm:
Plus since there’s no way for us to force these companies to release reliable numbers for their streaming business.

So creatives have no real way to know if they are cheating you out of payment. They were quick to release that 60 million premium number the first week and crickets the second.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
According to the complaint, Ms. Johansson’s representatives sought to renegotiate her contract after learning of the dual-release strategy for “Black Widow,” which she has said is her ninth and last Marvel movie.

Disney and Marvel were unresponsive, the suit said. The decision to put the movie on Disney+ is projected to cost Ms. Johansson more than $50 million, a person familiar with details of her contract claimed.

Sounds like her issue is contract terms, they originally agreed on her percentage coming from a theatrical-only release. They went the dual theatrical/streaming route but never renegotiated with her, basically finessed her out of millions :mjlol:

tenor.gif

Played her like a Goofy. :mjlol:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I think she’s looking at what Fast & Furious did and projecting what could’ve have been.

Disney didn’t want to risk it. You got all of these outbreaks from various events.

But again, Fast and Furious.

But under no circumstances was this going to do a billion. Pre-Covid, probably. But not in today’s climate. Shang Chi might not do big numbers either with only a month before it drops. That might get released on Disney + as well.

there is no "Might"

Covid numbers rising. Theaters got at least 2 years minimum before getting back to close to normal. Dem billi days are gone for a while.

Gotta adjust to the new environment.