ScarJo Sues Disney Over "Black Widow" Release. Update: ScarJo & Disney settle out of court

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They won't as other companies weren't able to weasel their way out of it as well....

At least those companies didn't try to screw over their talent in the way that Disney is trying to do now.

I think what she can do is get a cut of the Disney Plus revenue since those monies were not specified in her original contract. That would be my goto.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
nah

if you change the methods of distribution after establishing who gets what and then deliberately refuse to renegotiate based on that shift, you're gonna get sued.

all this narrative stuff isnt really relevant

its the same general complaint that's hit just about every large release this past year. companies just finding out they're not getting away with shyt is all. and that's just organic

and generally speaking, if someone comes at you about a contract dispute and you start juelzing about being insensitive regarding a pandemic - its not exactly a sign you're confident in your position :mjlol:

"but but but how can she be greedy in these troubling times:scust:" coming from the same body that wanted everyone to look past the drama surrounding Mulan? cmon lol
Who has sued before ScarJo? Nolan still upset and he didn't sue. Did I miss some major lawsuit?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Who has sued before ScarJo? Nolan still upset and he didn't sue. Did I miss some major lawsuit?

Warner Brothers cut the check for their talent to account for the move to VOD. Gadot and Jenkins got an extra $10 million for WW and Denzel got his full $20 million plus backend for The Little Things.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Warner Brothers cut the check for their talent to account for the move to VOD. Gadot and Jenkins got an extra $10 million for WW and Denzel got his full $20 million plus backend for The Little Things.
I said that in my original reply and why they did that. They want WW3 to come out and they had to make sure Gal and Jenkins were happy and wanted to come back.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I said that in my original reply and why they did that. They want WW3 to come out and they had to make sure Gal and Jenkins were happy and wanted to come back.

So what was the excuse for doing it for Denzel Washington then since The Little Things was more than likely a one off?

Companies can't be out here creating the optics that you're screwing over your talent like that regardless of whether it was the last film in their deal or not.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So what was the excuse for doing it for Denzel Washington then since The Little Things was more than likely a one off?
Because WB wants to work with all those guys in the future. Denzel is box office and is good for a Oscar bait movie every few years. So its worth it to WB to keep Denzel happy or risk losing his services to Netflix or Sony. The same for the director and cast of 'Dune'. We (WB) are in our rights to release the movie on HBO Max and we know you are not happy about same day streaming so we will make it up to you now or in the future. Disney apparently is not worried about that with ScarJo.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Because WB wants to work with all those guys in the future. Denzel is box office and is good for a Oscar bait movie every few years. So its worth it to WB to keep Denzel happy or risk losing his services to Netflix or Sony. The same for the director and cast of 'Dune'. We (WB) are in our rights to release the movie on HBO Max and we know you are not happy about same day streaming so we will make it up to you now or in the future. Disney apparently is not worried about that with ScarJo.

The fact of whether or not a company still wants to work with an actor/actress in the future is irrelevant to the situation as it has nothing to do with the terms of the original contract :mjlol:

I understand that a lot of y'all are Disney stans and think they can't do no wrong, but they fukked up in this situation and they owe her the bread. Use that same excuse in the courts and see what their reaction will be.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
A new challenger

Former THR Editor Matt Belloni took to his exclusive newsletter What I'm Hearing... to report that the Cruella star is currently considering a lawsuit of her own. "Emma Stone, star of Cruella, is said to be weighing her options," he wrote. Belloni also posed Emily Blunt's name as a talent that could speak out after Jungle Cruise opens this weekend. He called Disney "notoriously difficult to deal with" in these circumstances, adding that fellow creatives have been waiting in the wings for someone in the spotlight to speak out.

Better hope that they didn't re-negotiate Rock's pay for Jungle Cruise, because if they did for him and not the women then :damn:

Even Rock might end up catching a stray :huhldup:

Last edited: