Schoolboy Q - Blue Lips (Discussion Thread)

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
“Naw yall just don’t understand. You gotta do a handstand for 5 seconds then do ten push ups with your eyes closed to feel this album! Yall not listening to it right!”

:stopitslime:
💯

Schoolboy Q dropped 2 duds with his last 2 projects. And I’m a HUGE fan of everything he did up until and including Blank Face.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Dope interview with Nadeska but breh sounds depressed to me and like he doesn't feel highly of himself or confident.

Not sure if it's me but Nadeska is looking right in this interview. Am I tripping?

A$ap rocky would disagree. there is a market for it. and its untapped TBH. that hipster bread n fan based is serious.

I don't wanna de-rail the thread tho and come across as a hater; I spoke my PEACE. album wasn't 4 for me.
There is no money in that lane anymore, it's not 2015.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Dope interview with Nadeska but breh sounds depressed to me and like he doesn't feel highly of himself or confident.

Not sure if it's me but Nadeska is looking right in this interview. Am I tripping?

There is no money in that lane anymore, it's not 2015.

I saw project pat just did a show in BK.....I wasn't there but id be the audience was 90% BK hipsters :manny:

Grand_Verbalizer

All Star
Daps

2Cents:
Said from jump I could see how some might not like this but often it's the exact thing I DO like about it
The Herbert mention is interesting cause one might've expected Q to go that route based on commercial pressures and AB to go the opposite way.

ABs LP sounded like they had the core album with shyt like Goodman, Gang'nem, Do Better, Bucket and the other 6 or so jazz/soul sampled tracks
but threw in "Anthems" a few R'n'B tracks some autotune ish etc. as filler

shyt like "Positive vibes only" for example wouldn't be allowed within 600 feet of this LP

Blue Lips also flips different production styles but the layers in the production is the glue that holds them all together, You can tell they put work in.
I think I've played it more front to back in two weeks than I've played Herbert in the year and a half it's been out

What do yall think about Lance Skiiwalker feature on the hook of love birds?

Dope, Sounds like some classic 70s soul

Last edited:

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN

I saw project pat just did a show in BK.....I wasn't there but id be the audience was 90% BK hipsters :manny:
lol depends on where in Bk but to be real with you and project pat doesn't do experimental music either lol. Experimental music is niche, think Danny Brown and those Juggalo dudes as the ceiling. I don't think there is a lane for experimental music like this in mainstream rn but could be wrong.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

lol depends on where in Bk but to be real with you and project pat doesn't do experimental music either lol. Experimental music is niche, think Danny Brown and those Juggalo dudes as the ceiling. I don't think there is a lane for experimental music like this in mainstream rn but could be wrong.

Only times I fukk with Lance Skiiwalker are on Q albums lol. He was fire on Blankface too, Know Ya Wrong.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

Look I'd be lying if I was some Q Stan who knows his whole history....but I did rock with him

the the shyt that make me rock with Q.

Q out his own mouth hated on oxymoron I think? that was a dope album. IDK what his deal is.

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Look I'd be lying if I was some Q Stan who knows his whole history....but I did rock with him

the the shyt that make me rock with Q.

Q out his own mouth hated on oxymoron I think? that was a dope album. IDK what his deal is.

He hates his own stuff a lot, I think he lacks self confidence.
is he still a junkie?
Said he doesn't use anymore but also says he is schizophrenic.