Schoolboy Q - Blue Lips (Discussion Thread)

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
When was this? :ohhh:
i feel like every interview he has he kinda says he's a little schiz

believe he said it in that blue lips interview with Nadeska and i'm pretty sure he said it when he showed up on that figg podcast after blue lips dropped

also yeah he hated on blank face but recently he's come around and said its one of his best projects, second only to this one

seems like once he has some new shyt he'll always say the old stuff wasn't as good, except him dunking on crash talk almost every time

Redwood

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
i feel like every interview he has he kinda says he's a little schiz

believe he said it in that blue lips interview with Nadeska and i'm pretty sure he said it when he showed up on that figg podcast after blue lips dropped

also yeah he hated on blank face but recently he's come around and said its one of his best projects, second only to this one

seems like once he has some new shyt he'll always say the old stuff wasn't as good, except him dunking on crash talk almost every time

I understand CrasH Talk though. It felt half-hearted outside of a couple of tracks. Hopefully he'll stay on the straight and narrow this time around.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
When was this? :ohhh:
Yeah, he said it but then was like I talked to myself on the car ride here or rapped to myself in the car so not sure he is serious. He did the same thing in both the Nadeska interview and the back on figg one.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I think he first shyt on Blank Face a few months or a year after Crash Talk's release. The argument was entirely based on success/sales though. He said Blank Face lost money whereas Crash Talk was successful, and he seemed salty that the hardcore fans weren't fukking with Crash Talk. Impression I got was that he got caught up in the typical "bigger budget after a successful album" trap and went too far without having a smash hit. That Part was a hit but it wasn't huge. Album only went gold too.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
French Montana has stans?!?!!

tumblr_mhvykmd2D11rv8logo1_500.gif

he subbing me :umad: