Schoolboy Q - Blue Lips (Discussion Thread)

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I see that Nore hasn't improved a bit. Q gives a big ass answer about how pretending to be a gangsta isn't cool, most hood dudes are just having fun on the block and not pretending to be hard, playing sports is a good way to escape the trap...and then Nore immediately asks a random question about a reality TV show with Tyga.
:dead:
Nore is an all time shytty interviewer. Scattered brain ass nikka.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I keep trying but his music is just too juvenile for me. He's 37 years old and rapping like a 22-year-old. It's a bit embarrassing. Kind of like Drake's last album. Same issue

Last edited:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
I really believe that people got some alternate version of this album....cause this is a terrible album, and people are reaching for reasons to like it.

the fact that Q doesn't put out music often really means that he's put his music in a space where it has to hit....and this definitely missed in grand fashion.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
might need to go back to Blank Face before i say somethin blasphemous but... 4 weeks later, im still lovin this. Blueslides is the best, but i might like First more than any other song on here.

Devin Malik still aint good, but he's serviceable on Love Birds. Him being so bad on Back n Love only makes Q's verse that much better in comparison

THank God 4 Me gon forever slap, Yeern 101 gon forever slap, Foux is that shyt.
Pop still that shyt. AZ Chike still slides on Movie. oHio grew on me. I even enjoy Cooties more than i think i should. They comin to get me! :sadcam:

Think the only song i for sure don't care for now is Pig Feet

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Is it me or does the very beginning of Lost Times sound like Stove or one of the Griselda affiliates.

@TheDarceKnight What do you think about it? I swear the flow sounds like Stovie wrote. Did you hear this album.

might need to go back to Blank Face before i say somethin blasphemous but... 4 weeks later, im still lovin this. Blueslides is the best, but i might like First more than any other song on here.

Devin Malik still aint good, but he's serviceable on Love Birds. Him being so bad on Back n Love only makes Q's verse that much better in comparison

THank God 4 Me gon forever slap, Yeern 101 gon forever slap, Foux is that shyt.
Pop still that shyt. AZ Chike still slides on Movie. oHio grew on me. I even enjoy Cooties more than i think i should. They comin to get me! :sadcam:

Think the only song i for sure don't care for now is Pig Feet

Don't quote me here, but I think Devin might be signed to TDE. Maybe Q just put him on some tracks to give him shine.
I keep trying but his music is just too juvenile for me. He's 37 years old and rapping like a 22-year-old. It's a bit embarrassing. Kind of like Drake's last album. Same issue
It's an acquired taste, I won't say its juvenile but it's more abstract, almost haphazardly all over the place and very amped up with almost a rock performance kinda energy. It's not very focused but I think that's on purpose.

On the first listen towards the end I got tired of it but some of the songs on here are incredible imo. I just have to be in the mood to listen to this album due to the style of it. Having good headphones also helps you appreciate it more, at least for me. It's not a lyrical masterpiece overall but it's jamming and has its moments of lyricism.