Schoolboy Q - Blue Lips (Discussion Thread)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Is it me or does the very beginning of Lost Times sound like Stove or one of the Griselda affiliates.

@TheDarceKnight What do you think about it? I swear the flow sounds like Stovie wrote. Did you hear this album.

Don't quote me here, but I think Devin might be signed to TDE. Maybe Q just put him on some tracks to give him shine.

It's an acquired taste, I won't say its juvenile but it's more abstract, almost haphazardly all over the place and very amped up with almost a rock performance kinda energy. It's not very focused but I think that's on purpose.

On the first listen towards the end I got tired of it but some of the songs on here are incredible imo. I just have to be in the mood to listen to this album due to the style of it. Having good headphones also helps you appreciate it more, at least for me. It's not a lyrical masterpiece overall but it's jamming and has its moments of lyricism.
one of the hooks is "p*ssy hoe ass titties" :dead:

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Don't quote me here, but I think Devin might be signed to TDE. Maybe Q just put him on some tracks to give him shine.
he is, Q announced it later on that Back on Figg podcast. i dont know if he was TDE before this album though
thats just a callback to druggys wit hoes, thats in all the other ones. it aint the hook either, and it be like that

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
he is, Q announced it later on that Back on Figg podcast. i dont know if he was TDE before this album though

thats just a callback to druggys wit hoes, thats in all the other ones. it aint the hook either, and it be like that
Yeah, they signing some trash artist now but it's cool he is a team player or what not.

You must be a new fan but that comes from this before Ab Soul's verse lol

It simple as a hook is supposed to be and matches that kinda beat.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
One of the rare albums I liked less and less the more I listened to it. Still fukk with Q though

Georgiamuscle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Rise up!
I sHow myself the world again,
I sHow myself the world again

I sHow myself to God again

I sHow myself the world again
sHow myself the world again
full
full