Schoolboy Q - Blue Lips (Discussion Thread)

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think he first shyt on Blank Face a few months or a year after Crash Talk's release. The argument was entirely based on success/sales though. He said Blank Face lost money whereas Crash Talk was successful, and he seemed salty that the hardcore fans weren't fukking with Crash Talk. Impression I got was that he got caught up in the typical "bigger budget after a successful album" trap and went too far without having a smash hit. That Part was a hit but it wasn't huge. Album only went gold too.
Yeah but he came around on Blank Face eventually and he said Blank Face going gold made him more proud than Oxymoron going platinum

Daps
Reppin
NULL
albums flames.....im not sure where to begin. i feel like the people who are spinning this once or twice and comparing it to blank face or oxy are really doing their selves a disservice. this had me so off balance the first handful of times i listened, there's just so much going on i could never get comfortable with it. after sitting with it for a couple weeks i luhhhhh this shyt. im not gonna rank it yet against his other projects but this is top tier hip hop

FINALE

💎
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I really like this album but I agree it's just not all that replayable, and I wish Pig Feet had a better payoff. Still a good album, but I don't think its in his top 2

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I see that Nore hasn't improved a bit. Q gives a big ass answer about how pretending to be a gangsta isn't cool, most hood dudes are just having fun on the block and not pretending to be hard, playing sports is a good way to escape the trap...and then Nore immediately asks a random question about a reality TV show with Tyga.
:dead:

Corndog

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Took off the Devin Malik and AZ Chike songs and the album flows beautifully without them. This is how I will be listening to it going forward, for sure