Serious Question: Where were the Feminists?

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Just off the top of my head:

Mitt Romney's "binders full of women" comment was heavily criticized.
Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" comments were heavily criticized.
The biggest campus sexual assault cases being brought to light by feminists have all been perpetrated by white men.
The fair pay initiatives are majority aimed at white men (as they are usually the people in positions of power to determine such).
Robin Thicke was heavily criticized for Blurred Lines.

Obviously being a feminist doesn't mean you're not racist, and there are definitely intersectionality issues in mainstream feminism, but I don't buy the notion that feminism is primarily targeting black men.
But we're talking about the fact that white feminists ignore the plight of black women, especially when it involves oppression from white people/police

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
But we're talking about the fact that white feminists ignore the plight of black women, especially when it involves oppression from white people/police
Nah, OP was saying that feminists only attack black men.

I completely agree that white feminists ignore black women, I just don't agree that black men are their primary targets.

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
Just off the top of my head:

Mitt Romney's "binders full of women" comment was heavily criticized.
Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" comments were heavily criticized.
The biggest campus sexual assault cases being brought to light by feminists have all been perpetrated by white men.
The fair pay initiatives are majority aimed at white men (as they are usually the people in positions of power to determine such).
Robin Thicke was heavily criticized for Blurred Lines.

Obviously being a feminist doesn't mean you're not racist, and there are definitely intersectionality issues in mainstream feminism, but I don't buy the notion that feminism is primarily targeting black men.

So they tweet?

What have they actually done for black women besides retweet activism?

King Kreole

Daps
So they tweet?

What have they actually done for black women besides retweet activism?
:whoa: I'm not here to defend white women or the efficacy of modern activism. I'm just saying the focus of the majority of (white) feminists is white men. White men are the ones primarily responsible for propping up the patriarchy, and white feminists have no compunction about attacking them. It's incorrect to claim that black men are the real targets of feminism.

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
:whoa: I'm not here to defend white women or the efficacy of modern activism. I'm just saying the focus of the majority of (white) feminists is white men. White men are the ones primarily responsible for propping up the patriarchy, and white feminists have no compunction about attacking them. It's incorrect to claim that black men are the real targets of feminism.

I've never seen a white feminist (or black tbh) throw white men under the bus when it comes to injustices where black/brown women or men are the victim. However I do see tons of white feminists go extra hard on black men.

Black feminists are the main ones who end up caping for white men. It's just as bad as these goofy negros with the pawg fetish.

King Kreole

Daps
I've never seen a white feminist (or black tbh) throw white men under the bus when it comes to injustices where black/brown women or men are the victim. However I do see tons of white feminists go extra hard on black men.

Black feminists are the main ones who end up caping for white men. It's just as bad as these goofy negros with the pawg fetish.
Yeah this is where intersectionality gets tricky. I think the majority of white women feminists are selfish (but as are the majority of every grouping of people). So unless they can find a direct way in which an action or policy harms them, they are prone to ignoring it. If white men are blocking their progression, which is the majority of cases, then they will go after them. If black men are blocking their progression, they will go after them. If black women are getting in the way of their agenda, they will ignore them. The majority of targets I see white feminists going after are white men, simply because they interact with white men more. If you want to get equal pay, your boss who is stopping that is most likely going to be a white man. If you want to not be sexually assaulted, the perp is most likely going to be a white man. If you want to have the right to get an abortion, the legislator who is stopping that is most likely going to be a white man. Black men simply don't exist in their world in enough numbers to be their primary targets.

What's important is to make the distinction between feminism and white feminism. Feminism is a universal philosophy that applies to every woman. White feminism is a cultural phenomenon that has whittled feminism down to serve only a distinct segment of women. You can fully be a feminist and critique the way white women have ignored and marginalized minority women.

Last edited:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
i dont know about you but a lot of the black feminists i follow on twitter, have been talking about this all the time
by feminists, you mean those pawgs right?
So besides Tking about it on Twitter and other social media platforms , what have blCk feminists done to support those women? Why aren't there any black feminist agencies out here actually putting in work for black women? If black feminism was really about empowering black women then you'd think that there would be organizations out here that are supporting black women, especially those in need.