SERIOUS THREAD: As a straight man (or woman) how do you feel about being referred to as "cisgender"?

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Got into a heated discussion with this crazy chick in a facebook group the last night to the point where she couldnt take it no more and blocked me. :russ:

Basically she asked the same question i asked in the thread title and people answered. Few were okay with it. Many weren't . She the took it upon herself to either harass or vilify every mofo that objected to being referred as such.

My argument was it's not her place to tell people how they should feel about a certain word. If trans people wanted to be called "Jedi" she'd purge her entire vocab to please them. But apparently straight heterosexual people don't get that courtesy.

Funny that as intolerant as Haitians can be towards LGBTQ people, Haitian Kréyòl language would be the perfect language for all these non-binary them/they people since in Kréyòl we don't distinguish between the pronouns "he" and "she". They both translate to "li" in Kréyòl.

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm #cishet set
5bd30f2aa0bff396cefc20abb31bf75950bdb7fcr1-320-320v2_uhq.jpg

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
:yeshrug:I don't feel anyway because I normally don't entertain the ideologies and conversation from folk that use that term. I'm a heterosexual black male. You can identify as a gender fluid non binary conduit for all I give a fukk, this building only rocking two separate bathrooms.

All%20Hail_zpsx48vnlic.gif

Rest in Peace, #24.

Daps
People can call themselves whatever they want but I honestly don’t understand the need for it. I feel like we are trying to find titles for everything, even when they aren’t needed.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
In a reality where trans women want to be referred to as simply women and identify themselves as such, it only behooves men to have language in their arsenal that removes all doubt when it comes to determining someone's identity.

:manny: