SERIOUS THREAD: As a straight man (or woman) how do you feel about being referred to as "cisgender"?

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
I think its stupid and besides the point if the goal of trans is to be seen the same as folks who identify as their birth gender

Its like they get the benefit of having a term to distinguish between trans/non trans but god forbid the rest of us take note of this difference :troll::mjgrin:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Why do i care about what mentally ill people think about me?

exactly. These bozos are perfectly cool with Dr. Frankenstein cutting up dikks like hot dogs and calling it a twat. Can’t take unreasonable people seriously.

on the flipside they’d likely call me unreasonable and I’d simply respond with “they said you’d say that”

I’m Black in America. I got real shyt to worry about and the mentally ill isn’t among those things.

Last edited:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I’ve seen that on dating apps and I stay far the fukk away from them.

Who the fukk labels themselves like that? You’re either a Man or Woman. If you identify as something else say so.

But this cis shyt to me is to trick nikkas and when I see that I skip.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
I never really bothered to look up the definition but:
cis·gen·der
/sisˈjendər/
adjective

1. denoting or relating to a person whose sense of personal identity and gender corresponds with their birth sex.
So basically, you identify as the sex you were born as...i.e. not Trans. Seems simple enough.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't care, honestly. It's the equivalent to being annoyed at being called heterosexual; it is what I am.

I'm not really all that bothered by any of the new language created for them to classify themselves. The only one that kinda baffles me is the context in which they use heteronormative. Words have meanings, and last I checked, being cisgender and heterosexual reflects the vast majority of the species, thus it being the norm. I'm not one to put down the LGBTQ, but that is the reality of the situation.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
cis·gen·der
/sisˈjendər/
adjective

1. denoting or relating to a person whose sense of personal identity and gender corresponds with their birth sex.
So basically, you identify as the sex you were born as...i.e. not Trans. Seems simple enough.

exactly, I'm not sure why people are upset about this.

:francis:

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
My argument was it's not her place to tell people how they should feel about a certain word. If trans people wanted to be called "Jedi" she'd purge her entire vocab to please them. But apparently straight heterosexual people don't get that courtesy.

Have logical arguments with illogical people, brehs.

Lamar Givens

Spitting truth you can’t handle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeshua
exactly, I'm not sure why people are upset about this.

:francis:

It has nothing to do with being upset.

The reality is there is no need for the word.

If you can’t see the chess moves being made by mentally ill people trying to promote unnecessary words to identify what human beings have known for thousands of years then you’re sleepwalking :yeshrug:

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin
Also, casually just dropping "cis" into conversations is like discussing other people and constantly referring to them as "humans" because you don't want to make the otherkin feel bad.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
cis·gen·der
/sisˈjendər/
adjective

man

woman

seems simpler to me