Shannon Sharpe explains why NBA players get more women than NFL players

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Some people say acting like a faq on the Internet is juvenile

Different strokes for different folks I guess
You’re talking about me from five years ago I don’t even act like that anymore. I don’t even make threads anymore.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Entertainment. nikkas just wanna laugh to some bs
True. I guess it does help people get through their workday, so maybe I should just shut my mouth because I used to watch video game reviews to get through my workday even though I was never going to play those games. 😅😅😅

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC by way of the Steel City
Even domestically basketball players are more known. Forget comparing superstars because bron/steph are bigger Than say mahomes/lamar.

Even middle of the pack nba players will recognized faster than nfl players.

Im a giants/knicks fan. If i ran into grimes i would recognize him immediately, but i wouldn’t be able to recognize thibodeoux

Edit- btw, how can anyone keep up with the million podcasts athletes and rappers have nowadays. They are all cringe and unbearable.

But thats the thing, its really dictated by non-fans.

For example, I've been an on-again off-again Knicks fan, and couldn't point out more than 3 Knicks out of a crowd (e.g. Brunson, RJ or Randle).

Meanwhile, I do not watch ANY Giants games, yet I could still be able to recognize a ton of their offense (Sterling, Saquan, Waller), and even their backup QB's.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
You’re talking about me from five years ago I don’t even act like that anymore. I don’t even make threads anymore.
I didnt know you was gay? I was just speaking in general

Live your truth, don’t nobody on the coli care if you homosexual

I wasn’t even here five years ago

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC by way of the Steel City
not only do NBA player get to show their faces more on tv. But due to their immense height, they are instantly recognizable in public.
some 6ft tall receiver is not going to stand out in a crowd the same way a 6'8" basketball player would. women might not even recognize the bball player but just assume because he's 7ft tall that he is one.
main-qimg-04821519a03000195e788b134f0bb11c-lq

This is the correct answer.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
And nikkas on the Coli post every single one of their goofy ass hot takes

This isn’t entertaining or interesting to watch but then again we in the Shaderoom/Lip Stick alley era. This just the version for men :francis:
Damn the Coli heel turn on Unc and Ocho happening fast as fukk. :russ:

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Honestly, it's generally true but it also depends.

I think NBA players have a stronger halo on average due to height, more name/facial recognition, and bigger salaries.

But, as Arenas said earlier this year, many of the women who specifically target NBA players are the clout chasers, gold diggers, and IG thots that also tend to target rappers and actors and often get "shared."

NFL players, especially quarterbacks, still appeal to many women though. I'm almost positively certain that someone like Joe Burrow or Cam Newton will appeal to more women than Joker and Embiid.

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
Even domestically basketball players are more known. Forget comparing superstars because bron/steph are bigger Than say mahomes/lamar.

Even middle of the pack nba players will recognized faster than nfl players.

Im a giants/knicks fan. If i ran into grimes i would recognize him immediately, but i wouldn’t be able to recognize thibodeoux

Edit- btw, how can anyone keep up with the million podcasts athletes and rappers have nowadays. They are all cringe and unbearable.

Nah fr tho you can’t really compare that shii even here!
imo between the hoopers and the football players ain’t no competition that shii global FR

I remember seeing a vid I gotta look for it though
Basically even TB12 won’t no where near as famous/recognizable overseas

Them nfl nikkas might have a lil clout in UK cuz that similar proximity but it ain’t nowhere near that NBA shii,they tried with that NFL Europe shii and it folded back in the G.
Now it’s just 1-2 games for the international matchup

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
:patrice: Iono about this breh. If we are only speaking domestically, I think the top NFL players (especially the QB's) are equally/more famous than the top NBA players (outside of Lebron/Curry).

Hell, my wife even know's about Baker Mayfield's bum ass, but would have know idea about Luka or Jokic.
Let's put it this way:

If LeBron pulls up in a Chinese airport, people will want photos with him.

Who is the NFL's equivalent right now? Rugby is more popular in Europe and Africa than American football, and international football(soccer) is far more popular than American football and basketball.

Football is an EXPENSIVE sport, so for the rest of the world, sports like soccer, track and basketball are more popular. One of the first moments of glory a child experiences is when he or she develops a reputation for being the fastest runner in their class or neighborhood or the best footwork in soccer games.