Shannon Sharpe explains why NBA players get more women than NFL players

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NBA players usually make a lot more money … and all look like they’re in shape vs. that stocky / fat linebacker look …

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

RickyDiBiase

The Health Inspector
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
And nikkas on the Coli post every single one of their goofy ass hot takes

This isn’t entertaining or interesting to watch but then again we in the Shaderoom/Lip Stick alley era. This just the version for men :francis:

:francis:brehs really be watching the male version of the damn view day in and day out

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC by way of the Steel City
Let's put it this way:

If LeBron pulls up in a Chinese airport, people will want photos with him.

Who is the NFL's equivalent right now? Rugby is more popular in Europe and Africa than American football, and international football(soccer) is far more popular than American football and basketball.

Football is an EXPENSIVE sport, so for the rest of the world, sports like soccer, track and basketball are more popular. One of the first moments of glory a child experiences is when he or she develops a reputation for being the fastest runner in their class or neighborhood or the best footwork in soccer games.

Again- the discussion was in regards to women (i.e. groupies). So yes, the average NBA player is way more popular than your average NFL player in Asia/Europe, but I am not sure how that translates to them attracting more females here in the US.

As someone already mentioned, height is probably the biggest thing. For example:

I think that Aaron Rodgers is much more famous than Joel Embiid, especially for those who do not follow sports in the US. But Embiid would be 10x more noticeable in a crowd of people because he is taller than 99.996% of the population (actual number) .

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Y’all really on yall high horse today, I don’t watch a lot of shyt but if somebody got a show or a podcast they watch/listen to consistently that gets them through the everyday life bullshyt then more power to them

What they eat don’t make me shyt

@RickyDiBiase, you been open about yo mental instability and overall miserableness on this site I can’t see how you would look down on shyt other people consume, maybe you should start watching the male version of the view to help you feel better

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Can’t lie

If i was a athlete, I would like a nikka like shannon to warn me” hey homie watch out, shorty a pass around”
These jits soo goofy nowadays that if he told em, that would actually make them want her more and they would wife her or just have a baby with her.. The world gone mad breh..

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
an NFL player can pull just as many women as a NBA player today thanks to Instagram, just ask Tyreek Hill lol

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
an NFL player can pull just as many women as a NBA player today thanks to Instagram, just ask Tyreek Hill lol
Even Antonio Brown had an influencer named Ava Louise blaming him for catching COVID after she slept with him lol.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
:patrice: Iono about this breh. If we are only speaking domestically, I think the top NFL players (especially the QB's) are equally/more famous than the top NBA players (outside of Lebron/Curry).

Hell, my wife even know's about Baker Mayfield's bum ass, but would have know idea about Luka or Jokic.

Luka has 8M followers on IG
Baker has 2M followers on IG

Luka has endorsement deals with Pepsi, Jordan, Pizza Hut, Footlocker, and Wendy's
Baker Mayfield has endorsement deal with Big Bob's Tire shop in Cleveland.

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC by way of the Steel City
Luka has 8M followers on IG
Baker has 2M followers on IG

Luka has endorsement deals with Pepsi, Jordan, Pizza Hut, Footlocker, and Wendy's
Baker Mayfield has endorsement deal with Big Bob's Tire shop in Cleveland.

1.) When Baker was actually a star, he was featured in national commercials. Not sure how many pepsi spots Luka has been featured on.

2.) Not sure insta is the purest barometer of fame, considering that it is pretty limited to audience (really only those 20 - 40). But even still, it doesn't tell the story of domestic fame (which was my argument). Of course Luka is more famous in Europe than any NFL player.

3.) Luka is easily a top-5 player, so I would expect him to have a ton of endorsements. But the fact that he is not convincingly more famous in the states, compared to a barely average level QB is telling.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
not only do NBA player get to show their faces more on tv. But due to their immense height, they are instantly recognizable in public.
some 6ft tall receiver is not going to stand out in a crowd the same way a 6'8" basketball player would. women might not even recognize the bball player but just assume because he's 7ft tall that he is one.
main-qimg-04821519a03000195e788b134f0bb11c-lq

This is the correct answer.

Nah it's really just the lack of helmet's...

But the biggest reason is the link between hip hop and basketball.
As hip hop became bigger and the black players were linked to the culture... The popularity of the players grew bigger than other sports.

The hood has always had a love affair with the park ball players and bball in general.

So rappers and bball players are almost looked at as the same.

Not so much football. The NFL has always been late to the party when it comes to black people.
And the changing of the culture.
They were still trying to run with Peyton Manning, then Andrew luck as the faces of the league.
They are just finally starting to promote the cool, young players and they are using the hip hop element to do it.

The NBA initially tried to push back. But they eventually saw how beneficial it was to embrace the culture and the new crop of young guys coming in.

This is why the bball players are more popular and get more bytches

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:patrice: Iono about this breh. If we are only speaking domestically, I think the top NFL players (especially the QB's) are equally/more famous than the top NBA players (outside of Lebron/Curry).

Hell, my wife even know's about Baker Mayfield's bum ass, but would have know idea about Luka or Jokic.
Baker smashed. That’s the only explanation breh. :yeshrug:

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Nah it's really just the lack of helmet's...

But the biggest reason is the link between hip hop and basketball.
As hip hop became bigger and the black players were linked to the culture... The popularity of the players grew bigger than other sports.

The hood has always had a love affair with the park ball players and bball in general.

So rappers and bball players are almost looked at as the same.

Not so much football. The NFL has always been late to the party when it comes to black people.
And the changing of the culture.
They were still trying to run with Peyton Manning, then Andrew luck as the faces of the league.
They are just finally starting to promote the cool, young players and they are using the hip hop element to do it.

The NBA initially tried to push back. But they eventually saw how beneficial it was to embrace the culture and the new crop of young guys coming in.

This is why the bball players are more popular and get more bytches
I think the NFL doesn't have a grip on young Black people like the NBA does.

But it absolutely has a grip on 30+ Black men. Still not more than the NBA but neck to neck. I'm 31 and a lot of Black men in my age group seem to be a little more into football/NFL discussions than NBA discussions and this is in NYC which has a strong basketball culture. The gambling element contributes to it as well.

Southern Black people tend to favor football slightly over basketball too especially in the Deep South, Florida, and Texas.