Shannon Sharpe Joins First Take

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
That's exactly my point. SAS is all about ratings at the end of the day and there's money and hype in a Skip/SAS reunion regardless of what posters on here say.

If SAS and ESPN wants, he'd bring Skip back into the fold regardless of how Shannon feels about it. He'd do it and go from interview to interview talking about how he saved Skip just like he did with Shannon.

Yeah, not a snowballs chance in hell that Skip joins them on the same show.

Not a chance.

Both are bigger figures in sports media now than Skip.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Ehh SAS has said on his show or the interview with cam that he didn’t mind linking back up with skip. Yall acting like skip would replace ppl. He would just be a guest. The holdup would probably be skip and his ego, I doubt he goes for that. :yeshrug:

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Ehh SAS has said on his show or the interview with cam that he didn’t mind linking back up with skip. Yall acting like skip would replace ppl. He would just be a guest. The holdup would probably be skip and his ego, I doubt he goes for that. :yeshrug:

If Skip was a guest, I could possibly see that (doubtful), but no way would he be full time with those two. He's been surpassed by them......by miles. He's pretty much irrelevant now.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Skip is not a threat to anyone anymore, he's ready to die any minute now.

Man is 72 and has been breathing heavy for a few years now. And once LeBron retires he'll only have Cowboys left to troll about.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yeah, not a snowballs chance in hell that Skip joins them on the same show.

Not a chance.

Both are bigger figures in sports media now than Skip.
I never said that they would all be on the same show again. What I said is that SAS would definitely link up with Skip as a guest again if he feels that he can benefit from the hype behind it.

Let’s not sit here and pretend like he helped Shannon out under the kindness of his heart and looking out for him.

Don't forget, just a few years ago before Shannon became what he is now, Skip and SAS tried pairing up again even if it meant putting Shannon out of a job.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It would essentially be SAS doing a favor for Skip and you know how SAS loves going into interviews bragging about it like he did with Shannon.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
That's exactly my point. SAS is all about ratings at the end of the day and there's money and hype in a Skip/SAS reunion regardless of what posters on here say.

If SAS and ESPN wants, he'd bring Skip back into the fold regardless of how Shannon feels about it. He'd do it and go from interview to interview talking about how he saved Skip just like he did with Shannon.
I think people will care temporarily and then will be annoyed eventually especially when they overdo the cowboys stupid shyt.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Now let’s see if SAS signs that extension, since his contract is up this year.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It would essentially be SAS doing a favor for Skip and you know how SAS loves going into interviews bragging about it like he did with Shannon.
So is SAS doing favors or about ratings?

You seem to be double talking lol

Skip at this point is not going to consistently elevate FT ratings higher than what they are.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I

Skip at this point is not going to consistently elevate FT ratings higher than what they are.
He can’t even elevate FS1’s ratings. I think people would watch for a bit but they will stop when they get tired

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Of course he wouldn't mind cause SAS would be the big dog he would be calling the shot and it would be going his way.

The same way I tell my friends sure man apply for the job at the place I work and I'll be on the lookout for resume, the most thats going to happen is i'm going to be your boss and you going to do what i say:ehh:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

Why can't it be both? It's exactly what happened with Shannon. SAS kept saying that he did it as a favor to Shannon and to look out for him after the Skip debacle, but also because of the hype behind Shannon.

In fact, when Shannon first got kicked off of FS1, SAS completely disregarded it on his podcast and saying that FT was fine and didn't necessarily him. Then changed up tune right after and every interview he got about it.

If SAS and ESPN believe that there's hype around the pairing again, then they would definitely consider bringing him back and you better believe would boast about it every chance he got like he did with Shannon. Even if it's just for one day a week.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why can't it be both? It's exactly what happened with Shannon. SAS kept saying that he did it as a favor to Shannon and to look out for him after the Skip debacle, but also because of the hype behind Shannon.

In fact, when Shannon first got kicked off of FS1, SAS completely disregarded it on his podcast and saying that FT was fine and didn't necessarily him. Then changed up tune right after and every interview he got about it.

If SAS and ESPN believe that there's hype around the pairing again, then they would definitely consider bringing him back and you better believe would boast about it every chance he got like he did with Shannon. Even if it's just for one day a week.
You have a lot of faith in Skip.

Them days are done.