Shaq beefin with Shannon Sharpe on IG

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Shaq must really be a doctor, because I could barely make out whatever the fukk he was trying say, even in text. :what:
It’s honestly amazing when grown adults type like that. At least he used periods because I was expecting one long sentence.
For over 20 years I'll never understand how thin skinned/fragile Shaq's ego is. shyt makes ZERO sense.
Especially because he has this friendly image and goofs around all the time. But he’s so quick to get upset over a joke or a throwaway comment. It’s weird.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
You tell Shaq going through it mentally, every interview lately has been filled with regret. He has said how lonely he is and how he wishes he made his marriage work, just for the woman you loved and felt got away to say she never loved you.

So now Shaq lashing out at anybody that says something about him :francis:

Eh. It’s lonely at the top but I’m sure talking shīt with Kenny and Chuck, getting crazy $$$$ and blowing out that young chicks back is a decent consolation prize.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of folks felt Shai got robbed, people starting to get tired of the media driven narrative to make the sloppy European dude the best big man ever.
That's true, but you shouldn't tell someone while giving the award that they shouldn't have gotten it.

If Jokic's response was "I don't give a fukk what you think" Shaq would've left the set to catch a flight to Denver to try to fight.

Shaq is always throwing shots and saying shyt to the younger guys.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
crazy how folks turned on Shannon after the interviews success
We hate seeing other black people blow up too much, matter of fact I know a guy that said he hates CTG (back when TBC was on top) because he stole his gimmick. basically saying he can sit on radio and disrepsect peolpe too and he should be getting money like him. Alot of us hate on the guy they feel looks like them or acts like them getting too popular.

We never consider that these people just work harder than us

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Which seasons should he have won? Mind you that this is a regular season award only.

And was he more important than AI, Duncan and KG those regular seasons?
And this is the problem. It's not more important, and their "narrative" changes every year. I would've never based MVP on playoffs.

To me, his other years were: '98 (definitely should have been his) over MJ & '02 over Duncan. He had a very strong argument in '95, but that was probably a long shot

Last edited:

Illin Degenerate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And this is the problem. It's not more important, and their "narrative" changes every year. I would've never based MVP on playoffs.

To me, his other years were: '98 (definitely should have been his) over MJ & '02 over Duncan.
1998 shaq played 60 games unless youre arguing he was more impactful in his 60 games than the other candidates. that one was more egregious but similar in 02, shaq in 67 games vs duncan in 82.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
1998 shaq played 60 games unless youre arguing he was more impactful in his 60 games than the other candidates. that one was more egregious but similar in 02, shaq in 67 games vs duncan in 82.
It's not based on impact tough. It's who was the best player that year. I think Shaq was the best player in '98, 60 games be damned...granted I am a fan of the 65 game rule, and still think it should be moved to 70, but in '98 it definitely wasn't MJ. Matter of fact, the only things I remember people talking about that season other than it was probably MJ's final season, was how Shaq was dominating. You think Duncan was better than Shaq in '02? And if it's based on impact, It was clearly Jason Kidd in '02 who was heads above everyone as far as impact goes, and moreso in '03 when he wasn't even on the MVP radar. Team lost the only player that could create own shot in KVH, and Kidd stepped up and became the team's leding scorer on some WTF ish...and lead them to the best or 2nd best record.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For over 20 years I'll never understand how thin skinned/fragile Shaq's ego is. shyt makes ZERO sense.

man literally made it his business to tell joker he didn't deserve his mvp. but when someone essentially revists the "shaq was lazy" conversation, something shaq himself admitted to, he wants to go scorched earth?

:wtf:

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
Shannon trying to insinuate that Shaq is jealous of Jokic is wack to me.

Have no problem with Shaq sticking up for SGA. It didn't come off as disrespectful to Jokic to me.

Bro what? Dude literally said to Jokic's face he did not deserve his MVP DURING his MVP acceptance broadcast on TNT. It wasn't the time. He could have voiced that opinion before or after cutting away from that segment with the award winner. That's extremely disrespectful. There is a proper place and time to voice certain opinions. That's proper decorum.

You got ppl encouraging this behavior with "he telling it to his face" unlike the other soft asses kissing Joker's ass. Yo, this ain't the streets. Dudes want to bring confrontational streets element to everything because that's their only limited life reference point. This is a corporate media broadcast, shyt was inappropriate for that setting.

Last edited:

Illin Degenerate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not based on impact tough. It's who was the best player that year. I think Shaq was the best player in '98, 60 games be damned...granted I am a fan of the 65 game rule, and still think it should be moved to 70, but in '98 it definitely wasn't MJ. Matter of fact, the only things I remember people talking about that season other than it was probably MJ's final season, was how Shaq was dominating. You think Duncan was better than Shaq in '02? And if it's based on impact, It was clearly Jason Kidd in '02 who was heads above everyone as far as impact goes, and moreso in '03 when he wasn't even on the MVP radar. Team lost the only player that could create own shot in KVH, and Kidd stepped up and became the team's leding scorer on some WTF ish...and lead them to the best or 2nd best record.
impact and stats go hand in hand for me to determine who had the best season. its virtually impossible to have the best season in 60 games if the other candidates are playing 82. i still think duncan had more impact than kidd that season. kidd on/off impact was probably even more worthy in the following seasons but his statline and team record didnt really give him a legitimate chance.