Shaq beefin with Shannon Sharpe on IG

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whether he meant it or not, we don’t know, but Shaq has always said he says things like this to motivate guys to take it up a notch. He always brings up how Kareem was towards him when he was averaging 28 and 12, and a superstar, and Kareem told Shaq that he doesn’t have any rings. That always fueled Shaq, so Shaq says he tries to use this same approach towards the young guys.
I'm assuming those conversations between Kareem and Shaq were private 1 on 1 talks, not Kareem getting on national tv and throwing shots at him with their only interactions being 30 second post game interviews.

If an OG wants to pull me to the side, mentor me, give me constructive criticism and tips to get better, then yeah, I'm cool with him telling me after a victory that he said those things so I can get better, I get it. Every interaction we've had has shown that. If someone I don't have a relationship with was publicly throwing shots and then try to take credit for motivating, they're getting hit with the:gucci:

Last edited:

Illin Degenerate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually would have picked Shai due to OKC's improvement to #1 seed in the toughest conference, his percentage splits and other factors. There are plenty of metrics where you can make the argument of Shai over Jokic however what Shaq did was just inappropriate at that moment. These dudes (NBA on TNT) have whole 30 min before tipoff, 15 min at half time and 1 hr post game. That's plenty of time to voice your preference for Shai as MVP.

You don't have to say it to Jokic's face, there is no material gain in that except if you want cool points from the immature "keeping it real" crowd.
yeah i think you can make an almost equally compelling case for either. i just think the robbed rhetoric is silly. i would have picked jokic but it definitely wouldnt have been anywhere close to a robbery if shai had won. shaq is too old to have no awareness of time and place, but clearly he'll never grow up.

King Poetic

High Roller
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County , California
:francis: :laff:

2024 from katt williams to every comedian beefing, to Chris Brown vs Quavo , drake vs Kendrick and everyone, Game being emotional and going at Ross and now shaq in the booth being all emotional and dropping straight garbage

Next week Jim Nantz and Tony Romo might drop a troy aiken diss

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
Shaq reliving his youth by making a, “how much money and clout I got”, diss track about a back woods country born football player born in the 60’s, who speaks like the great Lou Gossett Jr. in “Roots” :pachaha: Embarrassing

If I’m Shannon, I’m entertaining this and paying Dame Lillard to ghostwrite me a track.

Last edited:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
shannon let that interview get to his head, his getting way too gossipy
shaq on the other hand is very sensitive when it comes to criticism and is a biggest hater of NBA superstars.
u mean to tell me a grown man close to his 60s who titles his podcast "club shay shay" is gossiping too much?!

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
shannon is very humble but the fame and clout have made him into a gossip hound
I don't like either person in this beef
Dame should link up with shannon and do a response track

Shaq is right though you need to be top 10 to even discuss him or criticize him as a player because even while he was not uber serious all the time while in the NBA he was still a GOAT center who eclipses most other players in other sports