Shaq beefin with Shannon Sharpe on IG

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I'm assuming those conversations between Kareem and Shaq were private 1 on 1 talks, not Kareem getting on national tv and throwing shots at him with their only interactions being 30 second post game interviews.

If an OG wants to pull me to the side, mentor me, give me constructive criticism and tips to get better, then yeah, I'm cool with you telling me after a victory that he said those things so I can get better, I get. Every interaction we've had has shown that. If someone I don't have a relationship with was publicly throwing shots and then try to take credit for motivating, they're getting hit with the:gucci:
I agree, but just saying that’s why Shaq says he does it. He says he wants them to prove him wrong.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I'm assuming those conversations between Kareem and Shaq were private 1 on 1 talks, not Kareem getting on national tv and throwing shots at him with their only interactions being 30 second post game interviews.

If an OG wants to pull me to the side, mentor me, give me constructive criticism and tips to get better, then yeah, I'm cool with you telling me after a victory that he said those things so I can get better, I get. Every interaction we've had has shown that. If someone I don't have a relationship with was publicly throwing shots and then try to take credit for motivating, they're getting hit with the:gucci:
It goes to show just how toxic former NBA player culture is today.

Extremely toxic.

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
Whether he meant it or not, we don’t know, but Shaq has always said he says things like this to motivate guys to take it up a notch. He always brings up how Kareem was towards him when he was averaging 28 and 12, and a superstar, and Kareem told Shaq that he doesn’t have any rings. That always fueled Shaq, so Shaq says he tries to use this same approach towards the young guys.
True, but Kareem and Shaq have opposite personalities. Kareem acted like that with everyone, distant, aloof, and unapologetically honest. Shaq on the other hand is outgoing, upbeat and more approachable. I always thought his public “motivational” tactics was disguised at being overly critical, jealous, or done to embarrass players who didn’t add up to his professional resume. Til this day Dwight says he doesn’t know why Shaq doesn’t like him.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
In this age of clout, you don’t think them having a sexual relationship wouldn’t of came out by now?
Not if you have the media on your side. If you don't believe otherwise, then think back to those Rodgers rumors years ago and how they magically disappeared.

It's still considered taboo in this day and age to out someone against their wishes.

dagodmcizme

All Star
Daps
Not if you have the media on your side. If you don't believe otherwise, then think back to those Rodgers rumors years ago and how they magically disappeared.

It's still considered taboo in this day and age to out someone against their wishes.

I don’t remember any Rodgers rumors. Imo Hollywood would’ve said something by now because he also fired the man as his stylist.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I don’t remember any Rodgers rumors. Imo Hollywood would’ve said something by now because he also fired the man as his stylist.
That’s exactly my point.

There were rumors about him years ago involving his former best friend and roommate.

Hollywood and the entertainment industry is not going to out someone against their wishes.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Shannon probably has more of a argument on where he fits on a top 10 TE list then Shaq does on the all time players list. Tony G Gronk Kelce maybe Gates and anyone else Shannon is right there or better then.