Shocker: Obama lied when he said Obamacare would bring down health care costs

Daps
Reppin
NULL
nobody cares. it was always anticipated. in the end, the long term gains outweigh the negatives incurred during the policy's onset. this is the only viable path to a public option, and it's the one we are on, thanks to obama.

:wtb:

this is a stupid op-ed, but its purpose isn't to enlighten so much as it's to distract and distort. in other words, "Zzzzzz...."

If no one cared...why did you respond?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If no one cared...why did you respond?

i meant "nobody cares," in that the TS's intent has no destination. he misses the point, essentially. we all know the healthcare companies are going to attempt to offset expenses and push them on the consumer. let them. it won't change the trajectory of the affordable care act and its path to a viable public option.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
nobody cares. it was always anticipated. in the end, the long term gains outweigh the negatives incurred during the policy's onset. this is the only viable path to a public option, and it's the one we are on, thanks to obama.

this is a stupid op-ed, but its purpose isn't to enlighten so much as it's to distract and distort. in other words, "Zzzzzz...."

You forgot to add ":troll:", right?

I mean nobody cares? It was anticipated? By who, certainly not the average Obama supporter. When will these long term gains materialize?

That was a terrible post.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You forgot to add ":troll:", right?

I mean nobody cares? It was anticipated? By who, certainly not the average Obama supporter. When will these long term gains materialize?

That was a terrible post.

no, it wasn't. but i rarely venture into this sub-forum, as it's frequented by trolls and c00ns, of whom most are probably cacs. if they're not trolls, they're people whose intelligence is so offensively low as to make an honest dialogue untenable. i'm not arguing with your lot.

i saw the topic in the main header and opted to jump into the forum for a laugh, which is why i responded. you can carry on with your obama hate fest. he's my President, and there's nothing you can do about that.

but keep :umad:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
no, it wasn't. but i rarely venture into this sub-forum, as it's frequented by trolls and c00ns, of whom most are probably cacs. if they're not trolls, they're people whose intelligence is so offensively low as to make an honest dialogue untenable. i'm not arguing with your lot.

i saw the topic in the main header and opted to jump into the forum for a laugh, which is why i responded. you can carry on with your obama hate fest. he's my President, and there's nothing you can do about that.

but keep :umad:

Obama is all of our president, but damn... we're not all his lapdogs.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
xNkg1.gif

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Great article OP.

If I were an insurer I would be winding down operations and laying off people already. If I had stock I would take a loss and sell.

This however is what the government wants.

If you make it so that insurers cannot handle their costs and force them out of business, you can say that the free market failed which is why we desperately need government nationalized healthcare.

With that being said, I think there is something truly immoral about choosing to deny sick people care. This is probably the only area I would be in favor of intervention, the government paying for life-saving treatment only. Even then I would have some reservations.

Very sad developments, I didn't know that Pelosi said they needed to pass the bill to see what was in it.

Wow, I just looked up the bill online and it is 906 pages. I just read the entire Constitution of the United States and it is only 21 pages in pdf form. Something is seriously wrong. This is why I can't bother with politics and I rarely watch TV.

My sentiments exactly. This whole idea of healthcare as a "right" is fukking bullshyt.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My sentiments exactly. This whole idea of healthcare as a "right" is fukking bullshyt.

The idea of healthcare not being a right is bullshyt. It's fukking hard as hell to find a western country that does not have universal healthcare. You know what countries you would find that doesn't have universal healthcare? Some arab or african country that's where.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i meant "nobody cares," in that the TS's intent has no destination. he misses the point, essentially. we all know the healthcare companies are going to attempt to offset expenses and push them on the consumer. let them. it won't change the trajectory of the affordable care act and its path to a viable public option.

The responses I'm reading in this thread is like I'm on the fukking drudge report or the daily caller. fukking smh at most of the comments in this thread.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This law was always intended to fatten up the pockets of private companies. You'd be a fool to think otherwise. Sure, there are a few bones thrown to the people, and some good measures, but at the end of the day this was a business decision. The private insurance companies will benefit the most.

No surprise considering this plan was designed by business-minded Republicans.

You can look at it that way that it was intended to fatten the pockets of insurance companies but blame that on not being able to pass a public option which would of drastically cut down healthcare costs and insurance company profits. Blame the blue dog democrats for not getting that shyt passed.

Anyway even if private insurance companies profit with obamacare as it is currently implemented, millions of people who were too poor to have health insurance and millions of people with pre-existing conditions will be able to get healthcare. If those are a few of the "bones" being thrown at them then I gladly welcome it until the political climate in the united states allows a public option type of healthcare system to exist. I'm not a cynical human being that is not able to weigh the vast benefits to obamacare compared to the negatives and then rule it as horrible or unnecessary.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
The idea of healthcare not being a right is bullshyt. It's fukking hard as hell to find a western country that does not have universal healthcare. You know what countries you would find that doesn't have universal healthcare? Some arab or african country that's where.

So what if people all of a sudden stopped becoming doctors/healthcare professionals? Would you support the government forcing people to go into the medical field at gunpoint?

You can feel how you want about healthcare, but the fact of the matter is that it is service provided, first and foremost.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So what if people all of a sudden stopped becoming doctors/healthcare professionals? Would you support the government forcing people to go into the medical field at gunpoint?

You can feel how you want about healthcare, but the fact of the matter is that it is service provided, first and foremost.

What kind of non-sense are you talking about? So if people stopped becoming tax professionals does that mean you can stop paying taxes? Obamacare forces you to get healthcare because it doesn't have a public option, it was necessary or without it obamacare wouldn't exist. I don't care if it's service that is provided healthcare imo is a universal right.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
What kind of non-sense are you talking about? So if people stopped becoming tax professionals does that mean you can stop paying taxes? Obamacare forces you to get healthcare because it doesn't have a public option, it was necessary or without it obamacare wouldn't exist. I don't care if it's service that is provided healthcare imo is a universal right.

That's the problem. You don't care, you feel you should be entitled to be taken care of no matter what "just because." That's the mentality that is slowly turning this country into a nation of fat, lazy, losers. Your "opinion" doesn't mean shyt when you are at the mercy of people qualified to perform a task you can't do for yourself.

You guys think everything is a right - to be fed, to be employed, to have a home, to have the state take care of illegitimate children born to women who can't afford them...enough already.

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obamacare was a trash idea from the start, only brainwashed sheep believed it was a good idea.

Obama is so much like W its scary, but whats more scary is the difference in the way they were covered. One was treated like the devil, rightfully so, and one is treated as if hes the greatest thing since sliced bread. :obama:

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
You can look at it that way that it was intended to fatten the pockets of insurance companies but blame that on not being able to pass a public option which would of drastically cut down healthcare costs and insurance company profits. Blame the blue dog democrats for not getting that shyt passed.

No thank you. The President is the President and also the leader of his party. The blame falls on him, especially since it was his administration that negotiate with themselves on the matter and chose to implement this 1990s GOP plan.

Anyway even if private insurance companies profit with obamacare as it is currently implemented,

Stop right here. There is no "if" about it. This bill's main focus is to drive profits into insurance companies. Make no mistake about it. All you have to do is look at the people who initially proposed this plan: big business-oriented GOP members.

millions of people who were too poor to have health insurance and millions of people with pre-existing conditions will be able to get healthcare. If those are a few of the "bones" being thrown at them then I gladly welcome it until the political climate in the united states allows a public option type of healthcare system to exist.

That political climate won't come unless liberals, progressives and democrats change the political climate. Being cowards won't change it. And yes, it's absolutely "bones" in the grand scheme of things. I'm happy for some of the provisions in there, but not at the expense of the rest of Americans and also fueling money into the coffers of insurance companies who will use that money to lobby against universal healthcare for decades.

I'm not a cynical human being that is not able to weigh the vast benefits to obamacare compared to the negatives and then rule it as horrible or unnecessary.

Yet, if this exact same plan was passed by the GOP, you'd probably be in here running around with a chicken with its head cut off.