Should Men Always -- Or Even Usually -- Pay For Dates?

Pdiddy

Superstar
Daps
If a chick asks me to pay...I'm out
images%2Farticle%2F2014%2F11%2F13%2Fimages-article-2014-05-21-50-cent-patrick-stewart-animated-gif-driving-away-smile.gif

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
maybe in your world.

Women already make up their mind if there interested or not.

Manners? manners would be not wasting a mans money if your not interested. You already know by the time the date is over if you want a second date or not but even if you don't you have no qualms about wasting a mans money.

You don't feel the "sparks", "chemistry", but you'll eat that steak or chicken giggle and laugh, let him get the bill then hit him with that text, or the slow fade out of distancing.

But manners right? :mjlol:

the modern women of today y'all
I don't always know by the first date. Also, I usually just do coffee on a first date, not an expensive restaurant. And no, especially if a man is flossing about making lots of money and driving a nice car, I don't feel bad about "wasting" his money. If he asked me out, he should pay. If he doesn't want to, then take me to Starbucks, I really don't care where we go. It's the gesture, not about the money. It's being well-mannered and shows that you're not selfish and just thinking about the $10-$50 you're missing out on. That's just so petty.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I don't always know by the first date. Also, I usually just do coffee on a first date, not an expensive restaurant. And no, especially if a man is flossing about making lots of money and driving a nice car, I don't feel bad about "wasting" his money. If he asked me out, he should pay. If he doesn't want to, then take me to Starbucks, I really don't care where we go. It's the gesture, not about the money. It's being well-mannered and shows that you're not selfish and just thinking about the $10-$50 you're missing out on. That's just so petty.

:beli:

its petty because its not your money

if a coworker at work says hey I'm going to the mall for lunch wants to come, are they paying for you?

Desirous

Daps
Reppin
Toronto

its petty because its not your money

if a coworker at work says hey I'm going to the mall for lunch wants to come, are they paying for you?
You know the co-worker...so you're going to spend time with someone you already know you like. A first date is different. AGAIN if you're cheap, then don't invite someone out to dinner. Go to Tim Hortons

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
You know the co-worker...so you're going to spend time with someone you already know you like. A first date is different. AGAIN if you're cheap, then don't invite someone out to dinner. Go to Tim Hortons

and you know the man, im sure you just dont go out on a date with a dude you just met
but look at women holding onto old fashion traditions, that benefits them, but tossing the ones that don't in the trash. :sas2:

Desirous

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
and you know the man, im sure you just dont go out on a date with a dude you just met
but look at women holding onto old fashion traditions, that benefits them, but tossing the ones that don't in the trash. :sas2:
Actually, that's what a first date is...how would I know someone already like that if I'm going on a first date with him? :what:If that's your theory, then why are you so cheap about treating a girl to something if you know her and already know you enjoy her company?

Someone paying $5 for my coffee or $30 for my meal doesn't benefit me at all. I really don't need the charity...I make a good living. A random guy that works in my building bought me coffee a few weeks ago just because...a girl at the grocery store was looking for a $10 bill to pay the cashier and she couldn't find it and was embarrassed, so I told the cashier to put the balance on my card. It's just random money...unless you're struggling, it's not going to break your bank and you're being petty by not offering, if you asked the girl out.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My SO pays most of the time we go out. That's his decision though. Doesn't matter to me one way or the other. He prefers to pay for most things. I guess it's a man thing like pumping gas.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
My SO pays most of the time we go out. That's his decision though. Doesn't matter to me one way or the other. He prefers to pay for most things. I guess it's a man thing like pumping gas.
Guys like pumping gas?

The Maverick

Rookie and the vet.
Daps
On a serious note though, why even bother asking a woman out if you're not going to roll out the red carpet? If I ask a girl out, it's coffee and if things went well, we'd go skating or to an exhibition. That's not even $30. Dudes that complain about paying for dates are usually working the game all wrong. If she's expecting to get to know you at a loud movie and some expensive steak, she probably doesn't really care about getting to know you.