Since you guys like posting Neogaf stories so much, what do you think about this one!

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I almost caught a ban hammer one time trolling the Halo thread. I said Halo 4 didn't look any better than Reach and luckily I had a picture from Halo 4 and a picture from a map in Halo reach that looked the same. LOL i was copping pleas a few posts after a few cats said it's only a matter of time before I got banned.

:whew:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Last time I was on there i mistakenly went into their OT...

They had a thread about women's asses and naturally I was :shaq: thus I entered...well that thread got shutdown and a dude created another one complaining about how quick the mods shutdown threads dealing with the female body but keep up threads about dudes for the resident fakkits...they actually have a thread about men's asses...:smh:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I remember signing up for a username over there years ago back when the IC went down.

It took them months to activate my account. I got into an argument with some Resistance stans over graphics the 1st time I logged in and they perma banned me.

:beli:

I said COD4 had better graphics than Resistance 1 and they went ape shyt on me

:heh:

@boorklynzoo should take heed to this post and realize what will happen if he lets too many dweebs/fakkits/women into mod positions on the-coli.com.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
everything said about HHG is basically true to some extent. the dude is an unprofessional shill for companies who had been inappropriately using other people's work...

that being said, so is most of the industry. much of HHG's behavior is actually quite common.

doritos_pope.jpg

one of the only significant differences is his conduct at events. he probably is annoying as hell and rubs his peers the wrong way in person, so they then have even more reason to outcast him.

unsuccessful CACs already are jealous of him, but the more successful ones are basically just annoyed and embarrassed that his ghetto behavior might actually represent them, it only got more intense now that some gaming lobby has made him a spokesman, LOL.

my own feelings, he is too unprofessional to be of use to my interests of getting relatively objective information about games. you cant cross the streams by being a journalist reviewing games that you made songs for. i had to stop following him on twitter because it seemed like all he would do was promote shytty popcorn flicks with video game tie ins every friday, LOL.

his rise to fame is that he is the most shameless person to ever openly tell publishers that he basically will speak positively about every game that ever graces his show. again, other game sites are guilty of it, but they know what conflict of interest looks like, and make attempts to hide it. i view him more as a gaming "personality", and in that capacity i actually think being a spokesman or ambassador is perfect for him. his politically incorrect behavior is actually extremely common among mainstream gamers (just look at the chats of multiplayer games) so he is not giving a bad name to gamers, gamers on average, are actually more crude than HHG

but if he really does want to be the number one journalist, he should research what journalism is and start doing it. and that would also meant to stop getting paid directly by gaming companies or lobbying groups, and be willing to give negative reviews to games that came from companies that either bought ad space on his site or flew him out to their events.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
everything said about HHG is basically true to some extent. the dude is an unprofessional shill for companies who had been inappropriately using other people's work...

that being said, so is most of the industry. much of HHG's behavior is actually quite common.

doritos_pope.jpg

one of the only significant differences is his conduct at events. he probably is annoying as hell and rubs his peers the wrong way in person, so they then have even more reason to outcast him.

unsuccessful CACs already are jealous of him, but the more successful ones are basically just annoyed and embarrassed that his ghetto behavior might actually represent them, it only got more intense now that some gaming lobby has made him a spokesman, LOL.

my own feelings, he is too unprofessional to be of use to my interests of getting relatively objective information about games. you cant cross the streams by being a journalist reviewing games that you made songs for. i had to stop following him on twitter because it seemed like all he would do was promote shytty popcorn flicks with video game tie ins every friday, LOL.

his rise to fame is that he is the most shameless person to ever openly tell publishers that he basically will speak positively about every game that ever graces his show. again, other game sites are guilty of it, but they know what conflict of interest looks like, and make attempts to hide it. i view him more as a gaming "personality", and in that capacity i actually think being a spokesman or ambassador is perfect for him. his politically incorrect behavior is actually extremely common among mainstream gamers (just look at the chats of multiplayer games) so he is not giving a bad name to gamers, gamers on average, are actually more crude than HHG

but if he really does want to be the number one journalist, he should research what journalism is and start doing it. and that would also meant to stop getting paid directly by gaming companies or lobbying groups, and be willing to give negative reviews to games that came from companies that either bought ad space on his site or flew him out to their events.

:umad:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
At the end of the day, his views on games are his opinions.

exactly that goes for all of them "journalists", i dont see at all how you could put one over the other

to be fair hes been caught plagiarizing, thats really all they can say

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Neogaf BEEN racist.

See how during the Resident Evil 5 controversy, everyone was going IN on N'Gai Croal, even though it was mostly WHITE journalist questioning the imagery.

The off-topic section is even worst.

fukk them cacs.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Croal was one of the best games journalists I had ever seen.

Yeah, he was a legitimate good writer, unlike most of these podcast losers that these nerds suck off.

He didn't say it, but I got a sense that all the 'cism he caught was one of the reasons he ended up moving on from game writing.