nikkas probably put me in the firing squad for being over 6’2

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The question is do these policies work? @Rhakim's shown us the answer for the philippines

The truth is that having the consistent rule of law is what works. Singapore has the clear rule of law with low corruption and catches and prosecutes criminals, and thus they would keep crime under tap even if they didn't have draconian punishments. Philippines has a ton of corruption, lots of criminals get away unchecked and the police enforce completely irregularly, so they will have crime issues no matter whether they're killing people or not.

Looking purely from a "deterrent" perspective, your punishment just has to be strong enough that the perps are clear they don't want to get caught. Once you have that minimal sufficient deterrence, increasing the penalty does nothing because the remainder still committing crimes either never think they'll get caught or just don't think about the consequences of their actions ahead of time.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I heard they have harsh punishment for spitting on the ground…gotta look it up

*edit*

ok it’s “just” a $1000 fine which is obviously a lot of money but for some reason I thought it was something crazier than that

Loken

All Star
Daps
i'll always remember that one Malaysia dude getting the Caning yea he ass naked an their will be blood letting you know bet he aint gone do that shyt nomo:picard:

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Had a home girl who lived there for a couple of years. She said they don’t fukk around. Hell even Public drunkenness can get you in some serious shyt.

She said her and some others organized a Pub Crawl and a chick and her dude got a lil too :drunk: She said they were not even smashed. Just hella tipsy and they were walking and stumbling and talking loud. Others kept trying to get them to quiet down but a cop heard them

My home girl said they both had to pay $1000 fines and they got threatened with a month in jail too.