FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

Damn did you even watch the blog man?

(10:30) X-factor battle - URL offered him 1k, Seneca offered 2k, Clips got the URL to match
(22:45) Serius Jones - He got 5k for this battle
(30:00) Bmagic - 4k for Bmagic. In the video, he clearly says he just got 5k for Jones why would he take less? Well they said if you take 4k, your Guaranteed 8k at Summer Madness

The whole point is YOU said Clips makes around 6 - 8k a battle. Based on the information given, it appears his career high payday is 5k.

Is it possible he got paid more than 5k in the aye verb & Big T battles? Not likely because in the video he clearly says I got 5k for Jones why would I take less than that? He's using his career high payday of 5k as the absolute minimum he would take. He took a paycut of 1k, not a 2 - 4k pay cut that your implying

The error I admit I made was saying his career high was 4k, when in reality it was 5k.

He said he took 5K for Jones as a pay cut because he thought he was gonna get part of the revenue from the event because he brought the Sponsor in, and the Sponsor and him worked out an agreement that Clips would get percentage of the money they made at SM2, so Clips took the 5K for Jones because he thought he was gonna cash out taking profits from the event. But his man never gave him any money for the event. So he only ended up with 5-6K for Serius that Smack gave him, instead of a lot more that he was expecting.

Again, these instances are him taking pay cuts, because all for different reasons. He's referencing them because that's not what he's usually paid.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
He said he took 5K for Jones as a pay cut because he thought he was gonna get part of the revenue from the event because he brought the Sponsor in, and the Sponsor and him worked out an agreement that Clips would get percentage of the money they made at SM2, so Clips took the 5K for Jones because he thought he was gonna cash out taking profits from the event. But his man never gave him any money for the event. So he only ended up with 5-6K for Serius that Smack gave him, instead of a lot more that he was expecting.

Again, these instances are him taking pay cuts, because all for different reasons. He's referencing them because that's not what he's usually paid.

At the end of the day these battlers are fukking stupid and shytty businessmen. Stop having handshake agreements and get something in writing you fukking morons.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
At the end of the day these battlers are fukking stupid and shytty businessmen. Stop having handshake agreements and get something in writing you fukking morons.
I agree. Stop making nikka deals. That's not how business is conducted

That's why Smack be owing them bread because these nikkas are stupid.

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i've seen rex, math, cortez, and clips on the train. clips had on scrubs and got off at 168st which is where a hospital is. i assume he works there. rex is the only one making decent money off battling but not enough to not have a job.

I don't know about top tier dudes, but I think its safe to safe ONLY the top tier dudes could POSSIBLY make a living off this sh*t and even thats iffy considering there are no benefits from being a battle rapper like you'd get at a regular job. It does sound like a sweet side hustle though. Even it I was a top tier making big money I'd still hold down a job. Get to visit different cities, and sometimes countries, become a borderline celeb in my small niche area, Keep my salary and benefits plus pocket an extra 5 figures a year from my hobby. Not bad :obama:

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
Charlie Clips seem like a stand up dude. I don't know what to believe about Smack. I've heard too many rappers throw darts at him for me to believe he conducts business in the correct manner. I know what he aspires to be, just like Diddy "All in the video"

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know about top tier dudes, but I think its safe to safe ONLY the top tier dudes could POSSIBLY make a living off this sh*t and even thats iffy considering there are no benefits from being a battle rapper like you'd get at a regular job. It does sound like a sweet side hustle though. Even it I was a top tier making big money I'd still hold down a job. Get to visit different cities, and sometimes countries, become a borderline celeb in my small niche area, Keep my salary and benefits plus pocket an extra 5 figures a year from my hobby. Not bad :obama:

I think Conceited is one of the few who took advantage of battle rapping with him be on Wild N Out

Trap

Rookie
Daps
These guys really don't make enough to live off battle rap the way that one would WANT to...like, Verb still promotes parties here and all that. BUT Verb ain't gotta work a 9-to-5 tho. But he's also here...so 5-7k gonna go a lot further here than NY. These guys need some life changing money and I kinda feel a lot of cats I've talked to are just getting frustrated that the money isn't increasing along with the fame/notoriety. Its so many more things URL could've done to increase revenues ON THEIR OWN. It seems like they're just waiting for some big TV deal or whatever, but in the meantime, they're cool with where its at now until it happens.

The cats that I know for sure is really getting cake is Arsonal, Rex, Verb and Hitman because they know their worth.

You HAVE to know your worth as far as battle rap goes otherwise you WILL get taken advantage of. I know for a FACT that a couple battle rappers rooms wasn't booked on time and they had cats waiting in the lobby waiting for housekeeping to get the room together. Not to mention the hotel they book for these guys is C average at best. It ain't a dump...but nowhere you'd wanna stay on a trip to NY. I know Hitman/Verb/iLL take extra cash and book their own rooms because the rooms URL provides ain't really top notch foreal. Also, the "handshake agreements" gotta stop too. You always get bitten when you're the one doing the favor.